FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Gaines is an outside CB more than a slot guy but can play the slot certainly.  Very versatile CB in that regard.  Probably would be a Mo insurance policy given his injury history and a replacement for Skrine in 3 CB sets.  Would love to have Gaines and Hurns locked up by the weekend.  That would make for a great offseason.

Wouldn't cut Skrine though.  He'd make for great depth as the 4th CB should Gaines have to play outside if one of the top 2 went down.  

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

I think the scheme in Buffalo made Gaines appear to be better than he actually is, which reflects why he's still available. Prior to BUF he wasn't a very good player, but is familiar with our DBs coach. 

I'm much more focused on Hurns. If they can find a way to close out FA with Hurns and potentially Benson Mayowa we'd be in excellent shape heading into the draft. 

• Like 1

Giants give away Jason Pierre Paul for a third round pick. He is only 29 years old. That would have been a great pick up for us. We would finally get a pass rusher. Once again  Mac is a sleep at the switch. With our third round #72 we will never get a caliber player like JPP.

29 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think the scheme in Buffalo made Gaines appear to be better than he actually is, which reflects why he's still available. Prior to BUF he wasn't a very good player, but is familiar with our DBs coach. 

I'm much more focused on Hurns. If they can find a way to close out FA with Hurns and potentially Benson Mayowa we'd be in excellent shape heading into the draft. 

What did Buffalo do to get the best out of Gaines? Is it possible we can run something similar here. I actually thought he’d already been signed to be honest. 

Definately interested in Hurns. He would be a great signing. Young, proven and a chip on his shoulder. Perfect second wave FA signing imo. 

32 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Absolutely our need for a WR is big time more than CB at this point.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Giants give away Jason Pierre Paul for a third round pick. He is only 29 years old. That would have been a great pick up for us. We would finally get a pass rusher. Once again  Mac is a sleep at the switch. With our third round #72 we will never get a caliber player like JPP.

Not the best fit as a 3-4 OLB. Also that would mean we wouldn’t get a pick after #3 until the 4th round. Not great for a team like us!! 

The Jets are not a win now team, they are at least a few years out. JPP is on a big contract and would be on the decline by the time the Jets are actually good. I think it’s very telling that Macc has shown zero interest in anyone over 27 years old.

Edited by BlaZeN37

25 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It’s posts like these that frustrate me on this forum. Where’s the dislike button?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What did Buffalo do to get the best out of Gaines? Is it possible we can run something similar here. I actually thought he’d already been signed to be honest. 

Definately interested in Hurns. He would be a great signing. Young, proven and a chip on his shoulder. Perfect second wave FA signing imo. 

Why would we switch to a Tampa-2 Zone Defense after spending nearly $33 million dollars on Trumaine Johnson and Morris Claiborne this year?

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It’s posts like these that frustrate me on this forum. Where’s the dislike button?

I agree. Adding JPP doesn’t help this team really at all. Macc will draft and edge every year until we find our 10+ sack guy.