2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

On 1/26/2018 at 8:53 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

Vikings interviewing another interesting candidate for their vacant offensive coordinator job:

Dan Campbell, who joins Bevell, Sean Ryan, and Kevin Stefanski.

You would almost think Stefanski would run a similar offense to Shurmur to keep some continuity.  Bevell coached in MN before.  I'd be interested to see what kind of offense Ryan or Campbell would install.

34 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

You would almost think Stefanski would run a similar offense to Shurmur to keep some continuity.  Bevell coached in MN before.  I'd be interested to see what kind of offense Ryan or Campbell would install.

I don't know much about the other candidates, but I'm not all that excited about the thought of bringing Bevell back.  Our offense was pretty boring when he was here last.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know much about the other candidates, but I'm not all that excited about the thought of bringing Bevell back.  Our offense was pretty boring when he was here last.

I agree.  Unless they draft Jackson and we have a heavy RPO offense.

1 minute ago, NoDakViking said:

I agree.  Unless they draft Jackson and we have a heavy RPO offense.

It will be interesting to learn more about some of the mid-round QB prospects.  Russell Wilson went in the 3rd.  It would be nice to find a guy like that to develop.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2018/02/greg_schiano_to_join_bill_belichick_as_patriots_de.html

Seems Patriots are pursuing Greg Schiano to replace Matt Patricia as DC. Backup option is promoting Brian Flores. Will probably come down to one of the two.

The rumor about him leaving Ohio State was shot down by Schiano earlier today. Starts at about the 1:11 mark.

20 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Is there any reason why Reich has seemingly been overlooked for jobs while DeFilippo is getting a ton of buzz? 

Also if I'm Indy I'm looking at those two guys now that J Mc D is out. 

Mostly because Flip has been given the lion's share of the credit to Wentz's rapid development. Reich doesn't get the credit of playcalling since Pederson does it, and Wentz and Flip are tied at the hip he doesn't get that to claim.

DeFilippo was my number one choice for Chicago, Nagy my number two. I think he would be stellar for Luck.

11 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Is there any reason why Reich has seemingly been overlooked for jobs while DeFilippo is getting a ton of buzz? 

Also if I'm Indy I'm looking at those two guys now that J Mc D is out. 

Reich may not want a lateral move, so that takes him out of the running for a OC gig. And I think a lot of people credit Filip more for the development of Wentz (not to mention Foles) than Reich.

Archived