Super Bowl LII

Patriots vs Rams

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:
cheat
CHēt/
verb
gerund or present participle: cheating
  1. 1.
    act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

None of the hits in question were ever penalized or deemed illegal by in-game officials.

So therefore how could it be cheating if they didn't act against the rules? They hit within the rules. 

I have a feeling there's going to be an upset on the AFC side. I don't know if  the Pats are a lock to come out of there. This defense might be the weakest Brady has ever played with. Just a hunch. If Bortles can play mistake free, I can see Jax making it out.

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

I have a feeling there's going to be an upset on the AFC side. I don't know if  the Pats are a lock to come out of there. This defense might be the weakest Brady has ever played with. Just a hunch. If Bortles can play mistake free, I can see Jax making it out.

Entirely fair, tbh.

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

None of the hits in question were ever penalized or deemed illegal by in-game officials.

So therefore how could it be cheating if they didn't act against the rules? They hit within the rules. 

well, that's not the full story...

the high low hit on Favre that crunched his ankle and resulted in his first INT was not penalized, that is correct. however, on the Tuesday following the game, the NFL publicly stated it should have been flagged.

it's a game long over and decided, but i saw you made mention of it so i brought in a reply.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Take that train of thought and apply it to the Bills. We are going to beat Jacksonville and get a third crack at the Patriots....... it's destiny.

45 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

This internal drama with Belicheck/Kraft/Brady rift can only add to it. Pats lose and Belicheck makes his way to NYG. Another gut feeling for ya

Disagree, it's more likely to fire them up just like deflategate and spygate. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Disagree, it's more likely to fire them up just like deflategate and spygate. 

Deflategate and spygate were external pressures and were able to pull the team together as "us vs them". This is NOT that. This is internal and could divide a locker room of people who support Brady's side and people who support Belicheck. That's no Bueno.

Now, if Tom, Bill, and Kraft sat down this morning and said "Listen, this is our last attempt. We all care about our legacy. Let's go out there and win one last ring together and go out on a high note". That I could get behind and believe. But my gut tells me this will do more harm and psychological damage than motivate like a spygate/deflategate.

At this point, all I can say is that the Eagles better not win that divisional game (or any other moving forward). There will heaps of crow servings to go around this forum if they do. 

Don't mean to group every single poster into that, but the overwhelming majority have us losing. 

Archived