Playoff Predictions

Bolts223

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

But the Eagles can't play the Vikings in Minnesota?

I think the first two playoff games show anything is on the table...especially in the NFC where you have a lot of good but not great teams all vying for the championship.

Philly not scoring 13pts vs any NFC playoff team. ATL will be in the nfccg on the road

25 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Philly not scoring 13pts vs any NFC playoff team. ATL will be in the nfccg on the road

If anything, you might have this backwards. Atlanta might only score the 13pts a gm the Eagles are "Allowing" at home in 2017. Only 10pts a gm over the last 5!

Just because some of you are surprised they beat the Rams (I'm not), doesn't mean they're some Juggernaut now.

Should be a fun game to watch.

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I’d take that bet, but I think they wouldn’t need much more than that next weekend.

Agholor and Ertz on top of a run focused attack shouldn’t not only be safe, but effective moving the ball. And just cause Wentz is out doesn’t mean our D all of a sudden is bottom 1/3 in the league. They are still one of the best in the league. The two Dline platoon going against an Atlanta line that’s missing a starter in the middle will keep Ryan in check.

not saying the eagles will blow them out, but don’t be surprised if it’s a close game.

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

24 points and 409 yards of total offense allowed isn't anyone's definition of "stingy defense".

Soo.... what one game indicts the entire defense. Good the 2007 Patriots aren't a dominant offense because they only scored 14 points and 274 yards in the Super Bowl. 

Seattle defense in 2014:

-15.9 ppg. ranked 1st (2017 Vikings comparison 15.8 ranked 1st)

-81.5 rushing yards per game. ranked 3rd (2017 Vikings comparison 83.6, ranked 2nd) 

185.6 passing yards per game. ranked 1st. (2017 Vikings comparison 192.4, ranked 2nd)

So virtually the exact same thing.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:37 AM, DR43 said:

New England over Minnesota.

I'm baffled why anyone would pick someone over New England.

I do not think Pats win the Super Bowl this year. Their defense is terrible. 30th in passing yards allowed (25th per attempt) and 20th in rushing yards allowed (31st in yards per attempt) and have only played one competent offense the whole 2nd half of the season.

And Brady has slumped at the end of the regular season. His first 11 games, he had an average of 307 yards and 68.4% completion percentage, with a total of 26 TD, and 3 INT. His last 5 games, he had an average of 240 yards and 61.2% completion percentage, with a total of 6 TD, and 5 INT.

This is a weak Patriots team relative to recent years and even though they may very well win the Super Bowl, I do not think it is unreasonable to think they are not the best team in the Playoffs this year. A good argument could be made for the Vikings or Saints. And even though the Steelers are inconsistent, if they play the Pats on a good day, they could beat them.

In my mind, I'd give the Pats about a 75% chance to get to the Super Bowl, but I would bet on the Viking or Saints to beat them if they are the NFC's team. In fact, I think the Saints would have an even better chance with a seemingly unstoppable RB duo going against a near worst in the league rush defense.

This happened in a really vivid metotonin dream.

I don't believe this at all, but I had to write it down just in case I'm prescient.

hopefully I'm wrong.

Atlanta over Philly 21-14

Tenn over NE 17-14

Pit over Jax 17-14

NO over Min 34-13

Ten over Pit 31-21

Atl over NO 45- 3

SB:

Ten over Atl 31-14

24 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I don't believe this at all, but I had to write it down just in case I'm prescient.

hopefully I'm wrong.

Tenn over NE 17-14

Pit over Jax 17-14

NO over Min 34-13

Ten over Pit 31-21

Atl over NO 45- 3

SB:

Ten over Atl 31-14

Pls.

34 minutes ago, MathMan said:

hopefully I'm wrong.

Tenn over NE 17-14

Pit over Jax 17-14

NO over Min 34-13

Ten over Pit 31-21

Atl over NO 45- 3

SB:

Ten over Atl 31-14

Stop teasing Titan fans :)

Archived