Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Texans fan, coming in peace. 9_9

Tell me about Brian Guntekunst - the Texans have hired a search firm to lead their GM search, and Guntekunst is one of the top names according to sources (with Buffalo's Brian Gaine and New England's Nick Caserio being the other two hot names). 

Seems like Guntekunst is up for a promotion here, but is he a guy you'd all like as a GM? If Guntekunst gets the gig, does Eliot Wolf hit the open market? Or if Wolf gets the gig, does Guntekunst hit the market?

Thanks. 

We never really got a glimpse much into what exactly these two do, we know more about Russ Ball than these two.

I can tell you that if Ball gets the job, they both probably leave. If one or the other gets it, they'll probably stay until they are hired away.

I think as long as the GB job is open, you'll have a hard time generating any interest from either Wolf or Gute. I mean it's a GM job with 100% team control, no owner and Aaron Rodgers. That's a top 3 job in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Guys jumping ship scares me, dammit I wish we did this a month ago and brought John Dorsey in here. But Alonzo is a good football mind too. If he leaves I guess I wish him the best and can't blame him. Hopefully he gets a great promotion then. 

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I don't buy any of this until our job is filled. I'm sure Highsmith could be in line for a nice promotion regardless of who gets the job. If it's Gute or Wolf, he'll probably take their position. If it's Ball, I imagine this guy's leave and he can take their position.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think as long as the GB job is open, you'll have a hard time generating any interest from either Wolf or Gute. I mean it's a GM job with 100% team control, no owner and Aaron Rodgers. That's a top 3 job in the NFL.

I'd say the Texans gig would be close - you'd share personnel decisions with Bill O'Brien, but you'd also have an owner who is patient to the point of not being there (Rick Smith had one good year in an 11 year career as GM) and Deshaun Watson, JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins.

The only real downside is you'd be compared to the likes of Astros GM Jeff Lunhow and Rockets GM Daryl Morey, who are killing it in their respective sports.

I'm not one to rank spots, but this one is good.

1 minute ago, cooters22 said:

Guys jumping ship scares me, dammit I wish we did this a month ago and brought John Dorsey in here. 

TT watch has been ongoing for the past few years.  Now that TT is stepping down, losing some of the guys who aren't liking the fallout is almost inevitable.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I don't buy any of this until our job is filled. I'm sure Highsmith could be in line for a nice promotion regardless of who gets the job. If it's Gute or Wolf, he'll probably take their position. If it's Ball, I imagine this guy's leave and he can take their position.

He would still take the visit though.

9 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

The part that scares me is:

"The public images of Thompson and some recent interaction with Packers executives led the 45-member board of directors to instruct Murphy to remove him as general manager, according to one source."

As if we want these ******* idiots calling the shots.

Well, it depends on what happened in those "recent interactions with Packers executives".  Anyone remember when John Jones was ousted?  That was the proper move as he had a radical personality change after some health issues.

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'd say the Texans gig would be close - you'd share personnel decisions with Bill O'Brien, but you'd also have an owner who is patient to the point of not being there (Rick Smith had one good year in an 11 year career as GM) and Deshaun Watson, JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins.

The only real downside is you'd be compared to the likes of Astros GM Jeff Lunhow and Rockets GM Daryl Morey, who are killing it in their respective sports.

I'm not one to rank spots, but this one is good.

No offense , I respect the Texans but that gig doesn't compare to the Packers when you consider tradition and everything like that.

15 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Texans fan, coming in peace. 9_9

Tell me about Brian Guntekunst - the Texans have hired a search firm to lead their GM search, and Guntekunst is one of the top names according to sources (with Buffalo's Brian Gaine and New England's Nick Caserio being the other two hot names). 

Seems like Guntekunst is up for a promotion here, but is he a guy you'd all like as a GM? If Guntekunst gets the gig, does Eliot Wolf hit the open market? Or if Wolf gets the gig, does Guntekunst hit the market?

Thanks. 

Gute loves kale.

Archived