What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

I don't know what the right answer is, but I do know it's tough to walk away from something you've seen work.  We've seen the Vikings go 13-3 with Case and if we have playoff success, it will be tough to walk away from the known commodity.  That doesn't mean signing Teddy for less wouldn't be the better decision, but I think that decision looks worse if he fails.

15 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I don't know what the right answer is, but I do know it's tough to walk away from something you've seen work.  We've seen the Vikings go 13-3 with Case and if we have playoff success, it will be tough to walk away from the known commodity. 

Even if Pat leaves us as OC, its still going to be a tough decision to "let Case walk", if Case plays well in the playoffs.

44 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Even if Pat leaves us as OC, its still going to be a tough decision to "let Case walk", if Case plays well in the playoffs.

It isn't entirely up to the Vikings unless they want to put the franchise tag on Case. Anything less than that is letting him walk. Whether he comes back to whatever the Vikings offer is up to him. If I was Case's agent I would be advising him to not sign anything before the franchise tag deadline unless it gives him more guaranteed than he would get under the tag. As his agent, I would want him either getting the tag, getting more than the tag would give him, or getting to the open market.

Can we just enjoy the season just completed and pull for Case to play well in the playoffs??  I don't want to think about next season....yet.

29 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Can we just enjoy the season just completed and pull for Case to play well in the playoffs??  I don't want to think about next season....yet.

I certainly want him to play well and am not ready to think about next year yet either.  Objectively though, I still believe they are going to pick Teddy for next year regardless of what happens, but especially if Shurmur gets a job elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I certainly want him to play well and am not ready to think about next year yet either.  Objectively though, I still believe they are going to pick Teddy for next year regardless of what happens, but especially if Shurmur gets a job elsewhere.

I generally agree with all this, with the caveat that a super bowl win by Case would make it a very hard sell to fans and players not to keep him. I think he keeps the job in that scenario. The hard thing is that both he and Teddy are so well liked publicly, and by all accounts inside the locker room. Either way there will be some mixed feelings. 

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

a Riddle sighting!

long term original member, for you newer guys.

Really digging the new forums! Excited to hopefully be a bit more visible than I've been in recent years; life is busy, but I recently started a role that naturally requires more screen time - not that I'd be on the forums during work of course, just inCase my boss is out there :ph34r:. Happy that OG's like you are still on here keeping the camaraderie and content standard high!

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yep, because being conversational on this forum with long time cyber friends is frowned upon, by one guy at least.

Ve must haz zee Futball talkz only, ve vill notz tolerate anyzing elze! Do notz maken me slappenz you vit der lutefisken!

Sergeant Shultz perhaps? 

In a perfect world, I'd like to see our depth chart look like:

1. Case Keenum
2. Teddy Bridgewater
3. 2nd/3rd round rookie

I don't think we'll be able to keep Keenum AND Bridgewater though. I can't see us letting Case walk and I think there are probably at least two or three teams out there that could be interested in signing Bridgewater and making him their starter next year (Denver, Arizona, Miami). I doubt we would be willing to make that same commitment and Teddy would probably make a lot more money elsewhere if we re-sign Case.

So, give me Case on a nice 3 or 4 year contract and a rookie that we draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Archived