Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just happy people are finally starting to see that Rodgers is trash. 

Trash is putting it way too heavily. Trubs is trash, Daniel Jones is trash, Haskins is trash... Rodgers is an average NFL starter at this point. Capable of putting together a great game here or there but also capable of throwing up stinkers. Hes different though in that he doesn't turn the ball over like an average NFL starter but I also think an average NFL starter has sustained drives better on the year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spartacus said:

Trash is putting it way too heavily. Trubs is trash, Daniel Jones is trash, Haskins is trash... Rodgers is an average NFL starter at this point. Capable of putting together a great game here or there but also capable of throwing up stinkers. Hes different though in that he doesn't turn the ball over like an average NFL starter but I also think an average NFL starter has sustained drives better on the year. 

Everything is relative.  Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins are trash on rookie QB contracts with the expectation that they get better. 

Aaron Rodgers is trash while getting paid 26.5 million this year, 32.6 million next year, 33.5 million the year after with no expectation that he will get better and no indication he cares about or is capable of doing what he needs to do. 

First few drives yesterday and he was playing well.  It's almost like when he plays the offense as designed we can move the ball and score points. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Everything is relative.  Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins are trash on rookie QB contracts with the expectation that they get better. 

Aaron Rodgers is trash while getting paid 26.5 million this year, 32.6 million next year, 33.5 million the year after with no expectation that he will get better and no indication he cares about or is capable of doing what he needs to do. 

First few drives yesterday and he was playing well.  It's almost like when he plays the offense as designed we can move the ball and score points. 

It is almost like he is playing just well enough to win, putting trash on tape, and waiting to turn it on when the playoffs get closer.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

rodgers is playing chess at a higher level.  he is making everyone think he sucks so that he can ball out in the playoffs and superbowl.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It is almost like he is playing just well enough to win, putting trash on tape, and waiting to turn it on when the playoffs get closer.

I believed in this conspiracy theory with McCarthy/Capers for years and it doesn't add up.  Why risk your chances on getting to the playoffs with the best seed possible just to be better when you get there if you get there? 

Why would Rodgers personally play better when an entire 3/4 of his fanbase is a collective idiot who thinks he can do no wrong and say he needs more help and we're wasting his remaining years by not giving him any help? 

The man will end his career with under 100 career interceptions at the cost of only a single Super Bowl win. 

Just now, snackattack said:

rodgers is playing chess at a higher level.  he is making everyone think he sucks so that he can ball out in the playoffs and superbowl.

If Rodgers ever played chess he'd lose every single time while not losing a single piece, not even a pawn, and he'd act like he's a chess genius because he had the least amount of pieces lost. 

• Like 3

Jamis Winston will likely be available this off season.  That's the sort of risky player everyone wants Rodgers to be.  Maybe we move 12 and add the gun gunslinger everyone is bitching about Rodgers not being.  Wonder how the opinion would change with an extra 10-15 INTs that came along with forcing balls into terrible football players like MVS or Gmo. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Jamis Winston will likely be available this off season.  That's the sort of risky player everyone wants Rodgers to be.  Maybe we move 12 and add the gun gunslinger everyone is bitching about Rodgers not being.  Wonder how the opinion would change with an extra 10-15 INTs that came along with forcing balls into terrible football players like MVS or Gmo. 

What is the point of this post? Like I feel bad even responding to it the entire concept is so absurd. Nobody wants Rodgers to play like the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

We want him to play like a top 10 QB in the NFL and what's holding him back is his absurdly conservative play. 

If a QB is playing well, a few interceptions are going to happen. That's part of the game. He's become so focused on not throwing interceptions that we're giving the ball back at a very high rate, 21st in 3rd down percentage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If Rodgers ever played chess he'd lose every single time while not losing a single piece, not even a pawn, and he'd act like he's a chess genius because he had the least amount of pieces lost. 

ah yes, the old "fool's mate".  but he is playing higher level chess, running a gambit where he sacrifices stats and some wins over a long period of time in order to lure his opponents into a false sense of security and bad positioning.

i kid.  it is frustrating watching him hold the ball all the time.

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is the point of this post? Like I feel bad even responding to it the entire concept is so absurd. Nobody wants Rodgers to play like the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

We want him to play like a top 10 QB in the NFL and what's holding him back is his absurdly conservative play. 

If a QB is playing well, a few interceptions are going to happen. That's part of the game. He's become so focused on not throwing interceptions that we're giving the ball back at a very high rate, 21st in 3rd down percentage.

It's not that absurd.  You've spent weeks putting 100% of the blame for this offense on the shoulders of the QB because he's risk-averse and not willing to force the ball into the first guy in Green he sees. You want Jamis Winston's decision making without the INTs that come with those decisions.  

Our WR core is among the worst in the NFL.  If you wouldn't have spent the off season talking about how amazing it was I've gotta wonder if you'd still be trying to make Aaron Rodgers out to be the NFL's worst starting QB with every post.  

Rodgers certainly isn't playing like an all pro but this is easily the worst group of pass catchers that he's ever had to deal with.  Until that gets fixed this isn't going to be a Super Bowl caliber offense.  

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

My takeaway from reading the last few pages is that if I started to sound like Outpost (as some are) I'd have to re-evaluate my life.

Or at least my fandom.

My takeaway from this post is you offer absolutely nothing but ****ting on other opinions without making the slightest argument for the counter opinion to the opinions you **** on and that you ignore all evidence to the contrary of your own opinion and insist Aaron Rodgers is still some great QB who is being unfairly criticized. 

Also, my takeaway is that anybody who suggests anybody isn't a good fan or that they should reassess their fandom is the epitome of awful.  The notion that somebody should reassess their fandom because they think one player on a 53 man team is playing poorly is the exact type of BS that proves you're too obsessed with Rodgers to look at the team.  So while you're suggesting some of us should reassess our fandom because of 1 player on a 53 man team proves more that you ought to call yourself a Rodgers fan instead of a Packers fan since Rodgers and his poor play, coupled with his 26.5 million price tag, is hurting the other 52 players on the active roster but you're too blind to see it. 

You are the worst kind of poster on here.  You don't offer anything but the occasional insult of people who are having a discussion you happen to disagree with. 

Honestly, what TF did this post even accomplish?  What did it add to the discussion?  You're gonna be the seahorse type who suggests I need medication or I'm so and so and so, but dig deep within your pretentious holier-than-thou personality where you think you're this sage veteran of life who knows all and is above everyone else and ask yourself what in the actual F this post of yours just accomplished. 

Do you feel good about it?  You're sitting there judging multiple people because they're starting to agree with what I've been saying for the past three years because it's becoming abundantly clear with each successive game day and you think you've accomplished something meaningful with this post? 

Do you?