Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Peter Bukowski -   Za'Darius Smith leads 3-4 OLB in total pressures this season with 48 and is third in the NFL overall.
Only Cam Jordan and Danielle Hunter have more, but Big Z has a better pressure rate. (Jordan has played almost 100 more pass rush snaps per PFF)

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   Za'Darius Smith leads 3-4 OLB in total pressures this season with 48 and is third in the NFL overall.
Only Cam Jordan and Danielle Hunter have more, but Big Z has a better pressure rate. (Jordan has played almost 100 more pass rush snaps per PFF)

I'm going to have an Outpost moment here, pat myself on the back and tell everyone here "I told you so." I loved Z before he was a Packer and loved the signing even while some people were saying it was too much. He was my No. 1 EDGE in FA this year and No. 1(a) overall "want" in FA along with Earl Thomas. You're welcome. 

• Like 1

Ben Fennell -  In 2019, 25 QBs have 400 dropbacks

PFF Time to Attempt

21. Daniel Jones 2.73
22. Lamar Jackson 2.73
23. Gardner Minshew 2.76
24. Aaron Rodgers 2.77
25. Kirk Cousins 2.83

Maybe it’s scheme? Well look at other PA shot teams, Jimmy G is 2nd fastest & Jared Goff is T-9th... Idk

• Peter Bukowski - Replying to Ben Fennell:
  • Average intended air yards
  • Rodgers 8.3
  • Jimmy G 6.7
  • Jimmy is also throwing 2.3 yards short of the sticks on average. Rodgers .7 yards. Is that Rodgers being more aggressive or a function of philosophy and design? I see more underneath calls in SF, but would love your take

Ben Fennell - Good context!

• Peter Bukowski - Rodgers is 8th in % of dropbacks getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds or less and tied with Lamar Jackson for 2nd in QB rating when he does. Kirk Cousins is first. All those guys have similar overall time to throw numbers.

San Francisco 49ers[edit]

The San Francisco 49ers selected Garnett in the first round (28th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.[6]

On July 29, 2016, the San Francisco 49ers signed him to a four-year, $9.30 million contract that includes $7.13 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $4.96 million.[7]

2016 season[edit]

Garnett played in 15 games with 11 starts at guard as a rookie in the 2016 season.

2017 season[edit]

On September 2, 2017, he was placed on injured reserve after having knee surgery.[8]

2018 season[edit]

After being unable to win the starting job from Mike Person and with Erik Magnuson filling in Garnett was left to sit on the bench. Garnett played in the season opener but then dislocated his toe missing 6 games afterwards. In practice on November 20, 2018, Garnett broke his thumb which sidelined him for the rest of the season. [9]

2019 season[edit]

On May 2, 2019, the 49ers declined the fifth-year option on Garnett's contract, making him a free agent in 2020.[10]

On August 31, 2019, Garnett was cut by the 49ers on the final roster cut down day.[

Worth a look.  Busted out in SF looks like mainly injuries.  Never won his starting job back after the knee.  Always in favor of looking at former high round busts.  Sometimes a change of scenery these guys can revive their careers.  Gute never rests.  Keeping turning over stones never know might find a gem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd love to see the PFF guy with the stopwatch hitting start and stop accurate to the hundredth of a second. Please. 

I'd sure hope they are ripping the video from a22 site then using their own players for easy rewinds already. Then for those timings they watch the timestamps on the video for the time to throws. Right?

That's what I'd do. 

Edited by Norm