Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

because he apparently is 1 of the 50 that get to vote on awards that many players have contract bonuses tied to…

also he is apparently a bum.

He's 2% of the voting base for an award that's already settled. He's doing this for attention. He's committing a cardinal sin of journalism in making himself the story. 

Ignore him!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's 2% of the voting base for an award that's already settled. He's doing this for attention. He's committing a cardinal sin of journalism in making himself the story. 

Ignore him!

Oh I agree one hundred percent. But given that these awards are linked to contract money in many cases… hub brings to light for people that these voters at times have personal issues that get in the way of the process.

So I think any amount of importance of this story is wrapped up in that. 

But like I said in another thread… Chicago writer with a vote doesn’t want to vote for Rodgers… in other news water is wet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

About 6 months ago, the majority of GB fans would have loved Hub's comments.

6 months in this day and age is an eternity.  Also, most of the crap Hub was spewing regarding Rodgers hadn't even happened yet.  Get off my lawn HUB ... get off.

Hub tainted the process by declaring his opinion ahead of the vote.  He could have said something positive or negative (which he did), and either way he (and Florio for printing this drivel) committed a cardinal sin attempting to hijack the narrative.

It back-fired and he’s now back-pedaling.  Fricken idiot.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leader said:

Here ya go.....untangle this knot :)

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  If the Packers:

Sign 16 PS to futures
Tender 8 ERFAs 2nd round tender Lazard
Extend & save cap on Jaire & Preston
Cut 4 veterans Max restructure *every single* eligible contract besides Rodgers
Don't sign any other players

They would still be over $1.2M short to franchise Adams

And CWood is asking what point I proved in another thread. When people are saying things like signing (an unneeded) Robert Tonyan to a reasonable contract is completely doable, it's clear they don't understand how bad the cap situation is. Players far more useful and valuable than Tonyan are not going to be Packers next year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And CWood is asking what point I proved in another thread. When people are saying things like signing (an unneeded) Robert Tonyan to a reasonable contract is completely doable, it's clear they don't understand how bad the cap situation is. Players far more useful and valuable than Tonyan are not going to be Packers next year.

Understood.

Btw...I share your interest in Davis....who has shown glimpses of being quicker than 81, capable of running more downfield routes and supposedly is a good blocker....so   🤞

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Tonyans contract may be doable with his injury, but we will likely reach the point where reasonable might not be reachable.  

28 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, the scenario on that tweet does not include any changes to Rodgers' contract, which is something that will absolutely happen if he's staying, so it's a bit misleading imo.

3 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, the scenario on that tweet does not include any changes to Rodgers' contract, which is something that will absolutely happen if he's staying, so it's a bit misleading imo.

For one, there's not as much room on Rodgers contract as many people assume. There is room there no doubt and it's a healthy chunk. At the same time, the Packers aren't doing every single cap saving thing Ingalls laid out either. Painful choices are going to have to be made. Letting Tonyan walk the moment he's offered a deal over the minimum is not even one of those tough choices.