Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Peter Bukowski -  There will be a lot of talk about the Packers cap situation in 2022, but the burden eases in 2023 both based on contracts and an expected increase in the cap. If they want to great creative for one more year, they can eat some bigger numbers later.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

If the guys you weren’t targeting weren’t open. There’s actual visible, demonstrable evidence that doesn’t suggest, but proves Rodgers wasn’t throwing to open receivers.

@AlexGreen#20

ah, so it's not a statistical argument then?

it's a tape based one?

Well then, I'm pretty safe to ignore tape based arguments from posters who don't watch the games.

Bill Huber/SI - It was the second consecutive season in which the Packers’ season ended with a top running back exiting with a broken rib. Jones was injured on his pivotal fumble to start the second half of last year’s title game vs. Tampa Bay.

23 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

ah, so it's not a statistical argument then?

it's a tape based one?

Well then, I'm pretty safe to ignore tape based arguments from posters who don't watch the games.

Lol. I watched the game. Otherwise would have been a good zinger. No it wouldn’t have been though. If Rosie O’Donnell has a nude scene in a movie, me not watching Rosie O’Donnell naked does not change the fact that she was naked.

Naked Rosie, terrible Rodgers, tape doesn’t lie regardless of whether or not you watch it.

But I did watch it.

Zach Kruse -   Matt LaFleur just made it clear: Everyone is on the same page, and everyone in Green Bay's leadership wants Aaron Rodgers back in 2022.

///

A negotiation position of staking a position for public relations purposes?
AR's gonna have to specify why he doesnt want to return - and it wont be "because we dont want him back"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -   Matt LaFleur just made it clear: Everyone is on the same page, and everyone in Green Bay's leadership wants Aaron Rodgers back in 2022.

///

A negotiation position of staking a position for public relations purposes?
AR's gonna have to specify why he doesnt want to return - and it wont be "because we dont want him back"

This is clearly the best chance they have at their next title.  Play with Rodgers and hope it goes better

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

This is clearly the best chance they have at their next title.  Play with Rodgers and hope it goes better

I agree. Construct some kind of financial bridge to the new money - at which point the choke hold the cap presents lessens.....and you have more contract flexibility.

Kassidy Hill -   LaFleur says "We miscounted up in the box" with 10 men on the field for final field goal.

Someone wanted to be on & they pulled him off then realized "shoot we only have 10...those are the ones that are tough to swallow."

Adds, "I've got to do a better job in that situation."