Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

We've seen way too many players have years that were outside their skillset, get paid, and then immediately flame out.  Let someone else overpay for him.  I'm content with Stokes and Jaire as my boundary corners.

Neither of those two take the football away. I'll take my chances paying Douglas a modest 2-3 year deal.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

We've seen way too many players have years that were outside their skillset, get paid, and then immediately flame out.  Let someone else overpay for him.  I'm content with Stokes and Jaire as my boundary corners.

Speaking about Jaire.......do we have *solid* info on the exact nature/extent of his shoulder injury? I'm guessing they wouldnt have let him play last night.....but I've read where he was pulling off tackles (?) or using his shoulder? Any chance he might still require surgery? Or is that known to be unnecessary?

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Will never ever apologize or be mad about having “only” two Super Bowls. That’s crazy. But reality did seem to hit last night that this might be 3 decades of elite quarterback play with “only” 2 Super Bowls while also experiencing a metric ton of heartbreak.

///

Technically, it's 3 SBs with "only" two wins.

Unfortunately the Packers organization really squandered having two hall of fame QB's at their disposal for 3 decades.  Those QB's bare a lot of the blame as well for not playing like hall of famers in several playoff games.  It's been a good run, but unfortunatelty it hasn't been great.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers has 2 years left, no team who trades for him is going to give up starters and create holes on their team. It's two years, all in. 

I'd ask for Fant, I think Denver would part with him, and I think LaFleur would love that skillset in his offense.

Fant or Albert O.   Denver would probably rather give up additional draft picks (high ones) vs give up Surtain

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

100% down with this, but if we trade Rodgers to Denver, I'd insist on Patrick Surtain Jr. as part of that trade. That would negate the need for Douglas. A guy who I think played over his skis a bit. Although at CB, you can never have enough. Same with pass rushers. 

I'll take Jeudy .. it's a good young bronco wideout to bring into the barren Packers stable.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Speaking about Jaire.......do we have *solid* info on the exact nature/extent of his shoulder injury? I'm guessing they wouldnt have let him play last night.....but I've read where he was pulling off tackles (?) or using his shoulder? Any chance he might still require surgery? Or is that known to be unnecessary?

No .. we don't know ****.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd ask for Fant, I think Denver would part with him, and I think LaFleur would love that skillset in his offense.

Damn PR. You're having an extended period of lucidity :)

Fant was on my draft TE positional grouping:  Hock / Fant / Sternberger.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

8 mil per, lower guaranteed money. See if he bites at that.

I think you're short by a few million per year, and probably more guarantees.  Chidobe Awuzie signed a 3 year, $21.8M with $7.5M GTD last offseason and he only had 4 interceptions in his first four seasons in Dallas.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'll take Jeudy .. it's a good young bronco wideout to bring into the barren Packers stable.

Let's take a look:  38 receptions on 56 targets for 467yds and 0 TDs.
Seeing how their #1 WR (Sutton) only gained 776yds.....not too bad in comparison...and I can understand their interest in a QB.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be interested to know if they'd make him available.  They extended Tim Patrick and Courtland Sutton.

will be interesting to see if Denver would be willing to move either Patrick or Sutton vs Jeudy.

Patrick is due a $6.9M roster bonus on march 20th

Sutton is due $10.5M roster bonus on march 20th

Just now, squire12 said:

will be interesting to see if Denver would be willing to move either Patrick or Sutton vs Jeudy.

Patrick is due a $6.9M roster bonus on march 20th

Sutton is due $10.5M roster bonus on march 20th

I think if you ask for Jeudy that second FRP we've been discussing moves to a SRP, or at the very least a conditional pick.