Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Watching the Bills/KC game ... it's like night and day from their pass game scheming and wr type/usage to what Packers do.  Those teams score points in bunches; take note Packers ... take note!   Bigger, slower wr's that can't get open with limited quickness don't move chains.    

Can't really disagree on this.  Coaching and offensive philosophy unlikely to change though

24 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Watching the Bills/KC game ... it's like night and day from their pass game scheming and wr type/usage to what Packers do.  Those teams score points in bunches; take note Packers ... take note!   Bigger, slower wr's that can't get open with limited quickness don't move chains.    

We should at least add a burner or two to the mix.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

The weather makes the KC/Bills style of player/offense tough. The cold winter conditions can freeze out those finesse/speedy yet small offenses.

You probably need players more like AJ Brown/DK Metcalf and TEs like Kittle (or Tonyan, who was a significant factor ins shutting down Bosa in the regular season). 

7 hours ago, Striker said:

The weather makes the KC/Bills style of player/offense tough. The cold winter conditions can freeze out those finesse/speedy yet small offenses.

You probably need players more like AJ Brown/DK Metcalf and TEs like Kittle (or Tonyan, who was a significant factor ins shutting down Bosa in the regular season). 

Huh?  You think Buffalo doesn't have cold winter weather .. it's 11 degrees there today.  If anything, being smaller, quicker, faster is better in cold weather?   Not having a TE as a safety blanket like KC, SF, Baltimore really hurts .. GB had NOTHING at te after Tonyan got hurt.  

Zach Kruse -   Four HUGE 3-and-outs from Rodgers/Packers offense in 4th Q of last 2 playoff losses.

1. 3-and-out down 28-23 vs. Bucs
2. 3-and-out down 28-23 vs. Bucs II
3. 3-and-out up 10-3 vs. 49ers
4. 3-and-out tied 10-10 vs. 49ers

Rodgers: 2/8 for 9 yards, took 3 sacks.

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Douglas got cut by how many teams in the last year? Let's not act like a brilliant 10 game stretch gets him 10+ per. If that's the case, enjoy the comp pick.

It only takes one fool to overreact. I agree he shouldn't but likely will. Look at what Blake Martinez got for being able to tackle RBs after they picked up 5 or 6 yards. Nothing about that guy is worth 10 a year. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You mean LaFleur doesn’t decide to ignore 2/3 of the field?

I realize your back after 1 game to do your gloating and all, even after you didn't watch the season, which is a complete joke to me, but we just witnessed the best 32 game stretch by a QB in NFL history.

The way the current offense is constructed is EXACTLY how it should have been constructed, and worked with great results. Aaron just choked, however, he still should be playing this week. The guy has never been lifted up from a defense/ST combo since the NFCCG in Chi, another game in which he choked, but the rest of the team lifted him up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't think we've seen LaFleur's true offensive philosophy yet. This offense is at least 50-60% Rodgers. 

very possible.  will be interesting to see if things change and if so, how if Rodgers is not the QB in 2022

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I realize your back after 1 game to do your gloating and all, even after you didn't watch the season, which is a complete joke to me, but we just witnessed the best 32 game stretch by a QB in NFL history.

The way the current offense is constructed is EXACTLY how it should have been constructed, and worked with great results. Aaron just choked, however, he still should be playing this week. The guy has never been lifted up from a defense/ST combo since the NFCCG in Chi, another game in which he choked, but the rest of the team lifted him up.

You think I’m gloating? I’m in mourning.

And that’s kinda exactly what I’ve been saying. Every QB is going to choke in at least one playoff game. That’s the expectation. But this was beyond choking. This was willful, mental choking, and that’s not acceptable nor forgivable. If he had thrown 7 interceptions I’d be 10 times more willing to forgive him. He didn’t because his stubborn unwillingness to play the offense just cost us probably a Super Bowl win considering the teams that are left.

2010 Championship game I have not held against Rodgers because the dude actually threw the ball then. That Urlacher interception was him willing to play the offense and make quick decisions.

• Like 1

So off the current topic, I was coming back from a day trip to Milwaukee with my gf, who is not a football fan. I said something about Reggie White and my gf is like "oh, my friend had a lot of sex with him?" 

Me: "....Reggie White? Huh." 

Her: "Wait, when did he die?" 

Me: "Um, mid 2000s, maybe?" 

Her: "Oh, wait, no, she was having sex with Gilbert Brown." 

Me: "Did he do the Gravedigger thing whenever she got off?" 

Her: *laughs so hard she snorts*

Edited by Mr Bad Example