Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think you're short by a few million per year, and probably more guarantees.  Chidobe Awuzie signed a 3 year, $21.8M with $7.5M GTD last offseason and he only had 4 interceptions in his first four seasons in Dallas.

Douglas got cut by how many teams in the last year? Let's not act like a brilliant 10 game stretch gets him 10+ per. If that's the case, enjoy the comp pick.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think if you ask for Jeudy that second FRP we've been discussing moves to a SRP, or at the very least a conditional pick.

yeah, I think that is a fair thought

first round picks value.......... 2022, 2023, Jeudy

2nd round picks value.......... 2022, 2023, Fant

later round picks value .... Albert O, ????

maybe Rodgers gets 2 first round pick assets and 1 each of 2nd  and later round

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Douglas got cut by how many teams in the last year? Let's not act like a brilliant 10 game stretch gets him 10+ per. If that's the case, enjoy the comp pick.

I'm like 99% sure he's not eligible to collect a comp pick from.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

yeah, I think that is a fair thought

first round picks value.......... 2022, 2023, Jeudy

2nd round picks value.......... 2022, 2023, Fant

later round picks value .... Albert O, ????

maybe Rodgers gets 2 first round pick assets and 1 each of 2nd  and later round

That's probably pretty close to the value you're getting.  I think if you get Jeudy instead of the '23 FRP, you're getting their '23 SRP instead.  I don't see Denver trading #9 AND their SRP this year.

Spotrac -  Packers Offseason

Notable Free Agents
WR Davante Adams
LB De'Vondre Campbell
CB Rasul Douglas
CB Kevin King
TE Robert Tonyan Jr.

Extension Candidates
Aaron Rodgers
Preston/Za’Darius Smith
Rashan Gary

QB1 Status 1 yr, $27M ($46M cap hit)

The Packers have 5 players with a 2022 cap hit in north of $20M.

Za'Darius Smith, Preston Smith, & Rashan Gary combine for $53M of 2022 cap alone.

The only WRs under contract are Randall Cobb, Amari Rodgers, & Juwann Winfree

A franchise tag for Davante Adams will cost $20.1M

Was at the game, just got done reviewing the game.  It looked even worse on tape.  Yes the ST’s were bad.  Kelly was getting toasted by Bosa.  Patrick had a hiccup or two.  But when your QB will not throw to the open man time and time again you will end up where we did last night.  He will be, or should be, truly embarrassed in the film room when it comes time to do the official review.  Of course, ol Rodg is always the smartest guy in the room.

He does not want to be part of a rebuild so he says.  This team will need to have one, albeit one that will be a little painful but with quick recovery.  If Gute does it right.  That starts with getting rid of some of Rodg’s friends.  I think it will just make too much sense for both parties to move on.  Others are possible, but Denver is by far the most likely.  A good defense, cap room galore, and a new ownership team coming in highlited by either Elway or Manning.  What can we get?   Denver has 2 2’s and 3’s so even giving up a 1 and 2 they still have early picks.  I believe we get a 1 this year and next and a 2 this year and next.  Maybe next years 2 is a 3 that could become a 2.  Something like that. Jordan Love will be the starter next year but our future isn’t reliant on him.  We will continue to draft QB’s, as high as Gute needs to until we have our man if Love isn’t.  

Rodg has been a great QB, but he’s been our starter for what, 14 years?  He’s been on many Super Bowl quality teams and has gotten us there once.  He should have gotten us there last year, and this year.  1-4 in NFC Championship games, 0-7 in playoff games when behind at halftime.  
He’s not been good in post season.  He will be 39 years old next year.  This team is in a real cap fire.   Gute is not just responsible for success this year or next year but long term.  It is time.  Get as much treasure as possible and it’s time to move this team forward.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

He does not want to be part of a rebuild so he says.  This team will need to have one, albeit one that will be a little painful but with quick recovery.  If Gute does it right.  That starts with getting rid of some of Rodg’s friends.  I think it will just make too much sense for both parties to move on.  Others are possible, but Denver is by far the most likely.  A good defense, cap room galore, and a new ownership team coming in highlited by either Elway or Manning.  What can we get?   Denver has 2 2’s and 3’s so even giving up a 1 and 2 they still have early picks.  I believe we get a 1 this year and next and a 2 this year and next.  Maybe next years 2 is a 3 that could become a 2.  Something like that. Jordan Love will be the starter next year but our future isn’t reliant on him.  We will continue to draft QB’s, as high as Gute needs to until we have our man if Love isn’t.  

I mentioned it to @Broncofan in the Broncos forum, but I think 1.9, 2.58, '23 FRP, '23 3rd round pick, and a young second tier player for Aaron Rodgers, 4.137 (comp pick for Corey Linsley), and '23 5th round pick is the framework for the deal.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mentioned it to @broncosfan in the Broncos forum, but I think 1.9, 2.58, '23 FRP, '23 3rd round pick, and a young second tier player for Aaron Rodgers, 4.137 (comp pick for Corey Linsley), and '23 5th round pick is the framework for the deal.

Makes sense, close to what I had mentioned.  I think Denver will prefer not to include a player if possible, they’ll want to keep a player deemed valuable and we wouldn’t want one who wasn’t obviously.

32 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Never understood the enthrallment with Jerry Jeudy.   Mediocre impact, injury waiting to happen.  Perhaps as a throw in, but I'd take another high pick over that.  

Mediocre impacts are bound to happen when Drew Locke is your QB lol.  The kid has world class route running abilities. I’d take him as part of a trade for 12 no question. 

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

Makes sense, close to what I had mentioned.  I think Denver will prefer not to include a player if possible, they’ll want to keep a player deemed valuable and we wouldn’t want one who wasn’t obviously.

We're talking about a second tier player, someone they view as not overly valuable.  Someone like a Noah Fant or Albert O.

44 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm like 99% sure he's not eligible to collect a comp pick from.

You are correct:

[A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35%2 of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Mediocre impacts are bound to happen when Drew Locke is your QB lol.  The kid has world class route running abilities. I’d take him as part of a trade for 12 no question. 

World class route running with 3 tds last year, and 0 tds this year??  

Is going from Locke to Love a huge upgrade??  Are we sure??

I'll take the pick.  

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

World class route running with 3 tds last year, and 0 tds this year??  

Is going from Locke to Love a huge upgrade??  Are we sure??

I'll take the pick.  

Davante had 1 TD in his 2nd season after 3 as a rookie.  A lot of GB fans even wanted him gone (which is still hilarious).  

We need players who can create separation which was made crystal clear last night.  This year’s WR class is pretty deep so whether it’s by trade or the Draft, we need to get receivers who can get open.