Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, ifeelasleep said:

id go with a New england or Baltimore guy, two organizations that put a lot of effort and research into STs.

There we go. This is a constructive add to the discussion. Would it be a lateral move for these guys? If so, whats their impetus for taking it? Do teams regularly swap head ST coaches?

Aaron Nagler -   Wait. WAIT. The Packers want Rodgers back...and just had a stock sale...for stadium renovation...what if...they ARE raising money to put a roof on Lambeau so Rodgers doesn't look old and cold in the playoffs......

///

That's not gonna go over well :)

Just listened to AR's postgame comments on NFL Network....and listened to their comments.....

They think he's pretty much saying: "I'm outta here" - what with all his "Gratitude to the town...organization...all my teammates...it's been a great run......"

I tend to agree. Odd notes to hit if you're thinking about coming back.

Edited by Leader

On 1/23/2022 at 2:15 PM, CWood21 said:

Does anyone really expect Rasul Douglas to play as well as he did this year?

With GB poaching him from the Cardinals PS, does Douglas still qualify as a comp pick for GB if he's lost in FA?  I kind of hope someone else opens up the checkbook for him.  I have a feeling this was one of those seasons for Douglas where everything came together perfectly for a brief window, but it won't be sustainable long term.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Its Lancaster's fault entirely, but Lancaster should never be the guy out there in that spot. Should be someone like Lewis, Garvin, Tipa.

Well....I dont think the latter two were on the active roster and have no idea if Lancaster's done this all year - or - if Lewis ever did.

Add on:  Not sure how Tipa would fare at the position in that he's not all that large / stout.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Both of those two were on the roster. 

Well...I edited my comment...with an add on about Tipa. Having him on the edge doesnt do much for me. He's far from a big body.

As I recall the replay, Lancaster actually didnt move much - didnt block anybody - the inside or outside guy.

Maybe he missed the snap and just got beat....cause he really didnt appear to move.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Well...I edited my comment...with an add on about Tipa. Having him on the edge doesnt do much for me. He's far from a big body.

As I recall the replay, Lancaster actually didnt move much - didnt block anybody - the inside or outside guy.

Correct, you're blocking DBs out that far, don't need to be big. Just be long and have a nice first step.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Correct, you're blocking DBs out that far, don't need to be big. Just be long and have a nice first step.

I've got to stop editing my comments and get it right the first time......

As I edited......it appears to me that Lancaster missed the snap entirely - whereas the defensive guys were watching the ball. Lancaster didnt move.

56 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which issue? There are like 9 different issues with our ST units, each one has different answers. 

Our inability to cover kicks is rooted in an entirely different problem than our FG woes (and even that issue has multiple sources)

Agree,  it's widespread.  Is it the quality of athlete on STs?  Is it attitude of players thinking ST is beneath them?  Lines not lining up correctly??  Do you have the right guys in the right places?  Why is Lancaster blocking??

It's easy to blame Drayton.  It may have little to do with him, it may have a lot to do with him.  They'll take a look at it and go from there.  

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -   Rasul Douglas giving his pitch Packers keeping defense intact: "I think we've seen that package on third down with all of us on the field, that's a scary package right there."

• Peter Bukowski -  Says it would only take a “little bit” more than the minimum “nothing crazy.” Also said he’d play safety. If they can keep Douglas, that would be a coup.

Ross Uglem -  This is all well and good until a team turns on the tape from this season and offers him real years and money.

If Douglas is actually good with coming back at a number anything close to the minimum, that seems like a no-brainer.  He can't really mean that, can he?

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Douglas is actually good with coming back at a number anything close to the minimum, that seems like a no-brainer.  He can't really mean that, can he?

Who knows? Maybe he's the 1 in a 1000 players that totally LOVES Green Bay at any price. Maybe we hit the jackpot.