Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

26 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

You think Cobb would be more expensive than Clay?

I don't think either Cobb or Clay would be very expensive to resign. Probably well below half their 2018 salary.

However, I don't see Cobb returning to Green Bay in 2019 with Adams, Allison, ESB, MVS, and Moore all viable alternatives. 

As for Clay, I foresee a more limited role as a designated pass rusher. I just think he'll be fulfilling that role for a team like the Chargers or Rams.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I don't think either Cobb or Clay would be very expensive to resign. Probably well below half their 2018 salary.

However, I don't see Cobb returning to Green Bay in 2019 with Adams, Allison, ESB, MVS, and Moore all viable alternatives. 

As for Clay, I foresee a more limited role as a designated pass rusher. I just think he'll be fulfilling that role for a team like the Chargers or Rams.

Yeah I don't think Cobb will return, think Clay is a possibility though if he's cheap.

You can't be a draft and develop team, and suck at drafting the last couple of years. A lot of misses, and well... This is what you get. We have important pieces solidified, but we also are letting the misses that survived move on. I think Gute will still use FA, but he is also finding a way to maximize every situation. Who cares what HaHa can get you on comp picks when you can add a 4th to your two 1sts in a draft that has edge talent. A lot of moving parts are going on, and honestly, I'm down to see Tramon at safety.

7 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Gute doing work. Get the feeling we are in the middle of a great transformation and by this time next year quite a few more familiar names (Clay, Cobb, Mac?) might be part of the purge.

Yup. Noted the roster change coming out of training camp/preseason. Gute's definitely changing things up personnel-wise.

21 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Trevor Davis is eligible to return from IR after this week.  With no viable returner on the roster should the Packers bring him back for ST next week?  

What are the conditions / terms of IR? I presume the player can be around the team cause he's getting treatment - but cant practice with them.
Do we know if he's running around yet? Chasing down cars out in the parking lot? LOL

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

What are the conditions / terms of IR? I presume the player can be around the team cause he's getting treatment - but cant practice with them.
Do we know if he's running around yet? Chasing down cars out in the parking lot? LOL

Players on IR cannot practice with the team until they are allowed to return so Davis wouldn't be able to be at practice until next week.  I don't think it is actually next week though since he was placed on IR after week one so he probably can't return until after week 9

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Players on IR cannot practice with the team until they are allowed to return so Davis wouldn't be able to be at practice until next week.  I don't think it is actually next week though since he was placed on IR after week one so he probably can't return until after week 9

Well - I'm outside the norm with a lot of others around here - but I think Davis has value. Not in the WR rotation (unless mandated by injury) - that depth is set now and TD never showed necessary progression at the position. But in the return game? Its a no brainer in my mind. He's proven he can get it done - let him handle it - and keep somebody else from doing it and getting hurt.

During the season I keep an eye on the SB odds as teams move up and down. You can find it in any number of places, the one I use is VegasInsider and their adds are a reflection of several different books

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

GB has been as high as 10-1 to win the SB this season ( preseason). Since then they've moved down the list and have been 12:1, 14:1, 18:1, 25:1 and last week prior to the Rams game they were sitting at 33:1

Today the Mighty Green Bay Packers are sitting at 40:1 to win the SB and that's one of the highest ever since AR went under center. Its a function of the Packers team play, how they are viewed around the league and the high quality of the NFC in general.