Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

During the season I keep an eye on the SB odds as teams move up and down. You can find it in any number of places, the one I use is VegasInsider and their adds are a reflection of several different books

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

GB has been as high as 10-1 to win the SB this season ( preseason). Since then they've moved down the list and have been 12:1, 14:1, 18:1, 25:1 and last week prior to the Rams game they were sitting at 33:1

Today the Mighty Green Bay Packers are sitting at 40:1 to win the SB and that's one of the highest ever since AR went under center. Its a function of the Packers team play, how they are viewed around the league and the high quality of the NFC in general.

Worse odds than the Bears and Seahawks... ouch

25 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

During the season I keep an eye on the SB odds as teams move up and down. You can find it in any number of places, the one I use is VegasInsider and their adds are a reflection of several different books

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

GB has been as high as 10-1 to win the SB this season ( preseason). Since then they've moved down the list and have been 12:1, 14:1, 18:1, 25:1 and last week prior to the Rams game they were sitting at 33:1

Today the Mighty Green Bay Packers are sitting at 40:1 to win the SB and that's one of the highest ever since AR went under center. Its a function of the Packers team play, how they are viewed around the league and the high quality of the NFC in general.

Given the "odds" below, a win on Sunday is imperative.

According to @FiveThirtyEight, the #Packers have a(n): 

18% chance of making the playoffs
12% chance of winning the NFC North
<1% chance of a first-round bye
<1% chance of winning the Super Bowl
Final record: 7.5-8.5

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Given the "odds" below, a win on Sunday is imperative.

According to @FiveThirtyEight, the #Packers have a(n): 

18% chance of making the playoffs
12% chance of winning the NFC North
<1% chance of a first-round bye
<1% chance of winning the Super Bowl
Final record: 7.5-8.5

I am a big fan of Nate Silver usually, but this year's NFL model is highly based on last year's standings. From the beginning of the year they've had GB projected to go like 7-9. Maybe that ends up coming true, but I feel like the model should take into consideration that we have Aaron Rodgers at QB, not Brett Hundley.

Just now, Lodestar said:

I feel like the model should take into consideration that we have Aaron Rodgers at QB, not Brett Hundley.

In the ELO model that 538 uses, that doesn't matter. In the real world it does.
Their model will improve over the course of the season, but it's still flawed

Remember:

"All models are wrong...
Some of them are useful"

• Like 2

Time is running out on the designated- to- return option for 2018.
They have to sit for 8-10 weeks before they can come back and that's about how much time is left in the regular season

Gute says GB will be at 53 this week, so that suggests they will use one of their 2 bullets on Trevor Davis and keep the other one on hold a wee bit longer

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

They have to sit for 8-10 weeks before they can come back and that's about how much time is left in the regular season

Gute says GB will be at 53 this week, so that suggests they will use one of their 2 bullets on Trevor Davis and keep the other one on hold a wee bit longer

Didn't they use one to bring up the practice squad running back?

Nevermind .. I read your post wrong. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Want to post the gif where he knocked Kelvin TF out? 

I'm fine with the trade, I think it was fair for both sides. He definitely still was our best coverage safety, hopefully Tramon can fill in nicely back there.

Pettine likes a little more specialized safeties unlike Capers. HaHa wasn't coming back and compensation for safeties is poor, so the trade was the best route.

Why people gotta act like haha belongs on special teams?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

8602cad52896233ef2146092db7e050877267558

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I think we got a steal.

Bad play, sure, but you're isoing him up against the best RB in the league in the open field with a head of steam. You've got bigger problems here than HaHa. Let's talk about Blake Martinez and the importance of not getting reached. Then let's talk about Blake Martinez and going upfield when you get reached. 

In72LHM.gif

Edited by AlexGreen#20

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I think the only IR players able/eligible to return are House, Davis, and Kumerow. (Wilkerson and Ryan are done for the year and I think Murphy was placed on IR at cutdowns, making him ineligible to return) House would have to wait until week 12 I think, and I don't think I see a need for Kumerow with the way the rookie receivers have been playing. With Montgomery gone Davis would make sense.