Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Doesn't this kind of look like a lost team right now?

The weirdest thing to me is the defense goes from making huge stops and playing stretches of incredible football, to looking completely inept, and this seems to happen every game

I think one of the biggest issues is balance ... they don't run the ball enough despite being successful at it.  Once they get down to the redzone it seems like it's pass, pass, pass, and the efficiency falls way off.  Jones is averaging 6 yards per tote .. Williams is at 3.8.  They are efficient running backs who are underutilized.  Fix the balance .. fix the offense?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think one of the biggest issues is balance ... they don't run the ball enough despite being successful at it.  Once they get down to the redzone it seems like it's pass, pass, pass, and the efficiency falls way off.  Jones is averaging 6 yards per tote .. Williams is at 3.8.  They are efficient running backs who are underutilized.  Fix the balance .. fix the offense?

Everyone in the NFL and outside knows this too. it's no wonder our RZ scoring % sucks. Every DC knows we don't want to run it in. Now whether that's MM trying to pd AR's stats or what or pad his ego i'm not sure. Now with that said when AR throws TD's he seems to play better. But if that's an issue then we have bigger issues. I would play pass all day long against us in the RZ i wouldn't even worry about the run. To be honest it's no wonder Monty wanted out and ran the ball out of the EZ the kid wants to play and we don't really play RB's all that much or since the Fat Hammer Lacy was here.

Edited by PACKRULE

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

The weirdest thing to me is the defense goes from making huge stops and playing stretches of incredible football, to looking completely inept, and this seems to happen every game

Very true.  Just when you think all is well in defense land, BAM.  I'm encouraged by the fact that it seems as though we're seeing more of the good play versus the bad.  That, and mental mistakes and lack of discipline have lead to some of the defensive breakdowns.  Clean those up, and maybe this unit has turned a huge corner.

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Very true.  Just when you think all is well in defense land, BAM.  I'm encouraged by the fact that it seems as though we're seeing more of the good play versus the bad.  That, and mental mistakes and lack of discipline have lead to some of the defensive breakdowns.  Clean those up, and maybe this unit has turned a huge corner.

Eight games in GB is tied with Buffalo for 23rd in points allowed per game.

I've liked a lot about what I've seen from Pettine, but in the end it is about production and tied for 23rd is not better than what went on under Dom.

The CB, ILB, and DL play has been decent.

But safety and OLB, not good. Not good at all.

Gute has got a lot of work ahead of him to fill these two positions.

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

With the inconsitency of our O I think they've been tired a few times. Seems to be the late game fall like usual. A big part of that seems like some rookie panic but being thin on the Dline isn't helping, not being able to generate pressure, and the mash unit at the back every game seems to hurt us. Lets see what Breeland brings to the table after a week of playing and hopefully King plays.

The story of new Packers CB Will Redmond: If active on Sunday vs. Miami, he would play in an NFL game for the first time in his career. Remarkable considering he was a third-round pick (No. 68 overall) in 2016 by the 49ers despite a torn ACL the previous year in college. He was on injured reserve his first two years with the 49ers (knee and ankle) and then released. Signed by the Chiefs, he was released this summer. The Packers signed him to the practice squad in Week 2 and promoted him to the active roster on Tuesday. He said his emotions would be "unexplainable" if he runs out of the tunnel in uniform on Sunday. "A lot of people don't realize that [he's never played]," Redmond said. "When you go out for two years, you fly under the radar, you don't get noticed, especially in this business. I'm just looking to show everything, if I get that opportunity, that I can do what I need to do."

Rob Demovsky / ESPN

• Like 2

Ryan Wood: Rough week for safety Jermaine Whitehead. Not only did Packers release him after he was ejected from last week’s game, but Whitehead also was fined $10,026 for unnecessary roughness after slapping Patriots center David Andrews in the face mask.