Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

No, the Packers are going to tag Adams.  Adams decision to sign in Green Bay or not depends on what Rodgers does.  If Rodgers is traded, Adams isn't signing in Green Bay.  

Fine. Then GB holds his rights and trades him elsewhere - to the benefit of the organization going forward.
Ultimately - that's my goal - the future of the organization.

Players come and go all the time. The circumstances change - but the movement remains constant - except - we're entering a phase where player constructed trades is a thing...more and more....and this AR/DA situation has a whiff of KD/Kyrie selecting Brooklyn.

I cant speak to how the contracts matched up and such (or exactly how similar they are....) but you get my drift. 

I just want the largest return on product.

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fine. Then GB holds his rights and trades him elsewhere - to the benefit of the organization going forward.
Ultimately - that's my goal - the future of the organization.

Players come and go all the time. The circumstances change - but the movement remains constant - except - we're entering a phase where player constructed trades is a thing...more and more....and this AR/DA situation has a whiff of KD/Kyrie selecting Brooklyn.

I cant speak to how the contracts matched up and such (or exactly how similar they are....) but you get my drift. 

I just want the largest return on product.

Absolutely, the Packers will do what best for the Packers as they should. 

Adams isn't getting $30 mill from the Packers.  That's reportedly his current asking price.  That's the Jordan Love price to stay in Green Bay.

Once Rodgers extends in Green Bay, Adams MIGHT be willing to come down a little in his price.  

The Packers likely will tag Adams if they can't get a deal done, and go from there regardless of who the QB is.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

I love Adams but:

If we keep Rodgers, he is 7-0 without Adams. Rodgers is actually extremely good at finding the open guy and making lesser receivers better. When he tries to.  There is a genuine case that we are betting without him particularly if we find some viable WR2/WR3 guys and Aaron doesn't replace Adams with some other guy he decides to lock into.

If we go with Love then we need to get him his own targets to develop alongside Love. Any contract for Adams would have to be heavily backdated. So in a few years you are looking at a very old (in terms of seasons) receiver on crazy money.

Whatever you do with Rodgers, Letting go of Adams is about as straight forward a decision as it gets for me. If you can tag and trade him great although that might not be feasible. If not its been a good run from him and a comp pick will do.

This is a good point that too often gets overlooked. Aaron is a better overall QB without Davante. He's guilty of missing the forest for the trees. He latches onto the idea that EVERY play, Davante is the best option. That thought mutes the effectiveness of both Davante and the rest of the pass catchers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Absolutely, the Packers will do what best for the Packers as they should. 

Adams isn't getting $30 mill from the Packers.  That's reportedly his current asking price.  That's the Jordan Love price to stay in Green Bay.

Once Rodgers extends in Green Bay, Adams MIGHT be willing to come down a little in his price.  

The Packers likely will tag Adams if they can't get a deal done, and go from there regardless of who the QB is.

Could be....cant say. Listen - I'm not against any player returning (just dont think it's their intention) so long as the cap numbers / contracts can be worked out to maintain competitive balance without becoming a New Orleans type situation. I *like* that GB maintains a balanced cap. That they're a highly competitive team while at the same time keeping their numbers in line. That speaks well (IMO) to talent recognition/procurement/development. The entire operation is tested and succeeding - to an obvious extent. Clearly having HOF QBs around doesnt translate into Playoff success but.....

If AR wants back at a workable number - fine.
If DA wants back at a workable number - fine.

If not - I want their departures to lend the greatest benefit to GB in return - and away we go!

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Could be....cant say. Listen - I'm not against any player returning (just dont think it's their intention) so long as the cap numbers / contracts can be worked out to maintain competitive balance without becoming a New Orleans type situation. I *like* that GB maintains a balanced cap. That they're a highly competitive team while at the same time keeping their numbers in line. That speaks well (IMO) to talent recognition/procurement/development. The entire operation is tested and succeeding - to an obvious extent. Clearly having HOF QBs around doesnt translate into Playoff success but.....

If AR wants back at a workable number - fine.
If DA wants back at a workable number - fine.

If not - I want their departures to lend the greatest benefit to GB in return - and away we go!

Agree 100%

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Worst possible outcome is that we pay Rodgers and Davante a LOT and lose a bunch of other guys.

Correct. Then our competitive balance would be out of whack - our roster would have too many holes to truly be successful - and I honestly dont see the organization going that route. One perception could be that the Jordan Love selection was a hedge against going that route.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:41 AM, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  LET'S JUST SAY FOR SAKE OF ARGUMENT ... Rodgers wanted out.

Denver gives up Jerry Jeudy, 3 1sts (including No. 9 this year) for Rodgers

Then the Raiders give up No. 22 + Trevon Moehrig for Adams

How do you feel about that?

///

Do it.

In a heartbeat.  But I also don't think the Broncos are giving up what amounts to FOUR FRPs for Rodgers.  Not sure about that Adams package either.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Worst possible outcome is that we pay Rodgers and Davante a LOT and lose a bunch of other guys.

I think that's where they are headed.  MLF said the other day Love isn't ready.  I think they'll get Rodgers in the fold at a decent cost and go to work on Adams. That will get dicey.   We will lose good players, but still be good enough to win the division.  

If Love was ready its a completely different conversation.

Edited by NFLGURU

20 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think that's where they are headed.  MLF said the other day Love isn't ready.  I think they'll get Rodgers in the fold at a decent cost and go to work on Adams. That will get dicey.   We will lose good players, but still be good enough to win the division.  

If Love was ready its a completely different conversation.

Maybe Love isn't ready right now, but after a full offseason and training camp as the guy you'd have to think it would be time for him to play.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe Love isn't ready right now, but after a full offseason and training camp as the guy you'd have to think it would be time for him to play.

I would hope so,  but I thought the same thing last training camp.  He gets a full TC last summer taking nearly all the snaps and where are we now???     Regardless, we arent going to know how good Love is until he gets real experience and time to settle in as a starter.    When that will happen is anybody's guess, but MLFs comments are telling.  He said Love is making strides and improving but isnt ready.  We can take that for what it is.      

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I would hope so,  but I thought the same thing last training camp.  He gets a full TC last summer taking nearly all the snaps and where are we now???     Regardless, we arent going to know how good Love is until he gets real experience and time to settle in as a starter.    When that will happen is anybody's guess, but MLFs comments are telling.  He said Love is making strides and improving but isnt ready.  We can take that for what it is.      

Can we?

So you have never heard of coach speak?

Is Rodgers trade value higher or lower if MLF states that Love is ready to be the starter?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Can we?

So you have never heard of coach speak?

Is Rodgers trade value higher or lower if MLF states that Love is ready to be the starter?

Teams wanting to acquire Rodgers dont give a damn if Love is ready or not.  They are focusing on acquiring Rodgers, and the Packers QBs problems after Rodgers is the furthest thing from their minds.     

Edited by NFLGURU