Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I've always thought this line of thinking was...a little disingenuous.

I'd certainly prefer $30mil to $20mil myself. Almost everyone would.

Fans love counting other ppl’s money. Free agents, esp of his caliber, have every right to get as much as they can to take care of their families for years to come. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I think that's where they are headed.  MLF said the other day Love isn't ready.  I think they'll get Rodgers in the fold at a decent cost and go to work on Adams. That will get dicey.   We will lose good players, but still be good enough to win the division.  

If Love was ready its a completely different conversation.

If Love's not ready, and you feel that way going into the season, you bring in a veteran stopgap. You don't kick the can down the road and lose prime assets just because your young QB isn't tip top yet. This issue is easily solved with bringing in someone like Mariota (MLF's QB in Tennessee) or Bridgewater, amongst many options. Someone that is easily benched if Love progresses in season. 

Love not being ready is no reason to not move on from 12.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Teams wanting to acquire Rodgers dont give a damn if Love is ready or not.  They are focusing on acquiring Rodgers, and the Packers QBs problems after Rodgers is the furthest thing from their minds.     

I see it more as a domino effect.

If MLF says love is ready to be the starter --> Rodgers sees that and definitely wants out --> interested teams know GB likely needs to move a discontented Rodgers--> trade value decreases

43 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I would hope so,  but I thought the same thing last training camp.

Based on what - he got ZERO experience his rookie year. None. Zilch - and - GB happened to have the MVP under contract. Barring injury to AR, why would the FO construct a SB-worthy roster and turn it over to a guy thats had no experience?

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Based on what - he got ZERO experience his rookie year. None. Zilch - and - GB happened to have the MVP under contract. Barring injury to AR, why would the FO construct a SB-worthy roster and turn it over to a guy thats had no experience?

Im not talking about his rookie year.  Im talking about this past Summer.  Based on the fact he got most of the snaps last TC, and is getting backup snaps now.  Even without a rookie year he should be further along.  Guys like Herbert (No TC, Covid), Burrow, and Mac Jones come in as ROOKIES and do very well.   He wasnt going to replace Rodgers this year, but Love STILL not being ready to play is concerning 

Edited by NFLGURU

Aaron Nagler -  First online game with Love at QB and whoo buddy. Got the W but that is a rough transition… maybe keep Rodgers for one more year…

• Corey Behnke -  Maybe get better at playing…

Aaron Nagler -   Thanks coach.

///

:)

The W's all that matters (See: Jimmy G).

54 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Per Schefter,

BREAKING:  Brady is retiring. 

I cant see Rodgers going to the AFC with Brady out of the NFC. 

You're sure trying to justify burying the team with Ol Rodg.  Brady retiring has exactly ZERO influence on Rodg....

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I cant see Rodgers going to the AFC with Brady out of the NFC. 

This was from last year.  Does Rodgers actually have that clause too or is it some kind of gentlemen's agreement?  Bcuz if he doesn't, let him go wherever TF Gute sends him and like it lol.

• Like 1