Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

it's official.  

Going to find out if it’s just been bad coaching all these years… or if GB has become a black hole for Special Teams. Good luck Rich… if you even get the group to rank 20th… it will be a huge upgrade.

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

First paragraphs are a big no on this forum, cause I really don't want to deal with the backlash.

Last paragraph, all reports are it's a dome deal, haven't seen anything to the contrary.

But without the first paragraphs I don't get affirmation that putting him on ignore was an amazingly correct choice. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Leader said:

I have zero problem with the league promoting diversity. None.

It's not promoting diversity. It's a discriminatory policy. Awarding teams for hiring someone of one race is equivalent to them being punished for hiring someone of the other race in a zero sum game. And NFL coaching positions is a zero sum game.

11 hours ago, R T said:

Bisaccia is probably reading Packers Forum as we speak and saying WTF did I get myself into!!!!

I mean at this point all the guy has to do is not give up blocked FGs, blocked punts and 40-yard returns on a regular basis and we'll worship him here. Shouldn't be too difficult lol.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not promoting diversity. It's a discriminatory policy. Awarding teams for hiring someone of one race is equivalent to them being punished for hiring someone of the other race in a zero sum game. And NFL coaching positions is a zero sum game.

Chill out. Suddenly alarmed because a few minority candidates actually got hired? It's well past time.

Do you know these guys aren't qualified? No.

I dont have a handle on the draft picks thing. I've read here that the hiring team gets the picks (which makes sense...) - but also - that the team that fired / lost the guy gets the picks (which doesnt make sense). I'm gonna presume it's the former.

Regardless - I've no problem with diversity programs. I trust in an organization making the right decision on the qualifications of the candidate - draft picks not withstanding. If they're not - they're a loser organization for a reason.