Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

23 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

It's been apparent that Rodgers is about the money .. 50 million a year certainly confirms that.   If he wants more players around him and who will be on the team - take a little less money to insure that happens!!  It is now getting frickin ridiculous with what Rodgers says but in reality does. 

Has Rodgers actually said he wants 50 mil?   He loves to play the media, so maybe some stuff was leaked to make them look foolish.  Then he'll return as a hero for a slight bit of a discount contract.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Has Rodgers actually said he wants 50 mil?   He loves to play the media, so maybe some stuff was leaked to make them look foolish.  Then he'll return as a hero for a slight bit of a discount contract.

He said a few weeks ago that nobody in his inner circle is talking to the media.  

I think if he was as greedy as he's made out to be he'd jump all over 50 mill per year.  I think he's waiting to help the team around him.  Primarily Adams.   JMO.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'll take my boatload of picks and let some other team hand him a $50M+/year contract.

Give me at least 2 players plus picks. You get 4 draft picks for Rodgers, there's a plus-50% chance 3 of them don't amount to jack. Why play that game. Get two of the best young players from the trading team. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  I KNOW everyone thinks I hate Rodgers (hi @kuhnj30) but I love him. I do. He’s incredible. I just think bending over backwards for the dude, which the organization CLEARLY is, is an unhealthy approach. That’s just me.

Having the highest paid QB, the highest paid WR and the highest paid LT is not a good business plan.  In fact it is looking like desperation.  Folks clinging to a slight hope of a championship with a team that won't be as good as last year or the year before.  Gutting our future for a desperate last hope. 

I don't hate Rodgers.  I love the Pack.  Egos and money, I'd rather have the picks and build on our young, talented defense.

• Like 4

"Aaron Rodgers has been a very selfish guy. ... I go back to personal experiences. His words to me were, 'don't be that guy.' All of a sudden, it's about the money."

Greg Jennings

• Peter Bukowski -  Packers fans love to get mad at Greg Jennings, but he’s right about the disconnect between Rodgers wanting 50M and wanting to keep key guys like Adams.

///

That is of course if the media reports are accurate....................

I doubt the $50m thing came from Rodgers' camp. That seems like a totally fictional number that some sports writer made up since the top 3 QB AAVs are all between $40-45m a year, it's a natural progression.

Heck, he could have his sights set on $60m, I just don't think he would let a number like that - or any number- slip out without even negotiating with the team first. 

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

"Aaron Rodgers has been a very selfish guy. ... I go back to personal experiences. His words to me were, 'don't be that guy.' All of a sudden, it's about the money."

Greg Jennings

• Peter Bukowski -  Packers fans love to get mad at Greg Jennings, but he’s right about the disconnect between Rodgers wanting 50M and wanting to keep key guys like Adams.

///

That is of course if the media reports are accurate....................

What Greg Jennings says might be true, but he will always sound like a scorned wife to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What Greg Jennings says might be true, but he will always sound like a scorned wife to me.

Agreed. It seems the only time you hear from him is when he can take a shot at Rodgers. I doubt the $50 mill thing is even true or that it came from anyone with a real connection to Rodgers. But the media will be the media and they know how to get clicks and views.

There is also a chance Rodgers put it out in a way to make the media looks stupid.

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

It's been apparent that Rodgers is about the money .. 50 million a year certainly confirms that.   If he wants more players around him and who will be on the team - take a little less money to insure that happens!!  It is now getting frickin ridiculous with what Rodgers says but in reality does. 

That $50m quote seems to come from one person, Dianna Russini (ESPN). A good chance it's just fake news, so it does not "certainly confirm that".

If I saw it from multiple sources or at least from a more credible source, maybe I'd believe it more.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive