Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The Packers probably figured out the "well, if we have to" moves like 2 months ago.  The paperwork for those movies you can submit right at the deadline in case you don't need to do it (like you have a breakthrough on a contract negotiation).

There's no difference between being under the cap six days before the league year starts and six seconds before the league year starts.  Remember the people who the Packers need to tell what they did are "the league offices" not "the media" and there's always a delay between moves being submitted and the transaction wire coming out.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We didn't get under by the deadline, I expect we'll be cancelled from the 2022 season now. At least we don't have to watch the inevitable playoff loss. 

See you are catching on. There is hope for you yet! 😁

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

ed2c665b31fa98239e01384655014cf0.gif

What movie is this scene from?

By the way the Corey Bojorquez news...I've just realised it's a fluff opinion article based on assumptions rather than any facts. It says nothing about him signing with another team, just says the Packers have no cap space to re-sign him which we all know is complete BS.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers probably figured out the "well, if we have to" moves like 2 months ago.  The paperwork for those movies you can submit right at the deadline in case you don't need to do it (like you have a breakthrough on a contract negotiation).

There's no difference between being under the cap six days before the league year starts and six seconds before the league year starts.

Pretty sure the holdup was getting Rodgers to sign off on the final two moves. 

Just now, Chili said:

By the way the Corey Bojorquez news...I've just realised it's a fluff opinion article based on assumptions rather than any facts. It says nothing about him signing with another team, just says the Packers have no cap space to re-sign him which we all know is complete BS.

Multiple people are reporting we're moving on. My guess, we'll draft one and sign a UDFA and let them battle. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Pretty sure the holdup was getting Rodgers to sign off on the final two moves. 

Well, I mean if you're negotiating a Jaire extension and you can get done one before the deadline, then you might not need to restructure Lowry's contract.  So you don't submit the moves you don't really want to do until the last second.  This is par for the course for NFL teams.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Well, I mean if you're negotiating a Jaire extension and you can get done one before the deadline, then you might not need to restructure Lowry's contract.  So you don't submit the moves you don't really want to do until the last second.  This is par for the course for NFL teams.

I hope we can get Jaire done before his agent sees how much Adams is going to get. 

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

City Slickers, FYI

Now that ugly part of my brain wants to see the fallout of us drafting Arizia in the 3rd round.