Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

AJ “The Sauce” Dillon -   So excited for all the things coming this year.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Jones getting traded next, we’re turning into a power running team.

I think he might be referring to his candidacy for the mayor of Door County.

47 minutes ago, R T said:

You must of miss the memo, in reading this forum for the past week I'm fairly sure the NFL has eliminated all positions for the game of football except for WR.   

I mean I get it because it’s a flashy position… but literally the 2 best at the position just got traded because their teams basically said you’re too expensive. So it’s hard to see the position as something that is highly valued.

As for Penn States pro day… I would be more excited if they are there for Brandon Smith. Doesn’t he have like crazy measurements? He is like 6’3 and runs well… and is the make of what everyone wants at ILBs now because he is fairly lengthy.

But again I don’t get my hopes up there because GB doesn’t value ILBs that much… at least until Campbell now.

49 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I agree.  The more I think about it the more it seems logical to take the top defensive player at 22, regardless of position, and trade back from 28 into round 2 for a WR.

One logical spot would be Atlanta...if they like one of the QBs they could give us their third rounder so they can get a 5th year option on the one they like.

Yah don't think that scenario will play out.  Dotson may very well go ahead of Olave.  Won't sniff him in the second round he might not even be available at #22.  Think if either Olave or Dotson is there at #22 Gute will probably pounce.  Only way he doesn't is if a top 10 guy falls in his lap.  Could see a trade back from #28 to go OL.  Think this is going to be a heavy offensive draft.  2-3 WR 2 OL 1 TE.  Defense ILB, S, DL.   Dunno kind of how I see it playing out.  

As Leader pointed out we have neglected the WR position for far too long.  We don't have a succession plan is place for losing Adams so now we are screwed.  Unlike Gute to not go BPA but he might bend it a bit to get a top WR.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Yah don't think that scenario will play out.  Dotson may very well go ahead of Olave.  Won't sniff him in the second round he might not even be available at #22.  Think if either Olave or Dotson is there at #22 Gute will probably pounce.  Only way he doesn't is if a top 10 guy falls in his lap.  Could see a trade back from #28 to go OL.  Think this is going to be a heavy offensive draft.  2-3 WR 2 OL 1 TE.  Defense ILB, S, DL.   Dunno kind of how I see it playing out.  

As Leader pointed out we have neglected the WR position for far too long.  We don't have a succession plan is place for losing Adams so now we are screwed.  Unlike Gute to not go BPA but he might bend it a bit to get a top WR.

You're not wrong. Definitely depends on how things work out. If any of Davis, Hill or Karlaftis is available at 22, then that means some of those top WRs were probably taken to allow them to slip. If they're all gone then that means offense slipped due to that relative depth and we have our pick of the litter and could definitely take a WR or even Cross or Penning should one of them be sitting there.

Field Yates -  Robert Tonyan’s deal with the Packers:

Signing bonus: $1M
Base salary: $1.035M
Workout bonus: $200K
Per-game roster bonus total: $1.515M
Incentives: $1.75M tied to playing time and making the Pro Bowl
It includes a 2023 void year.

• Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Robert Tonyan's initial salary cap hit will be $2,447,941 for 2022 with a $500,000 dead cap coming due in 2023 for the void year. His 2022 number can increase another $802,059 if he is active all 17 games, and 2023 can go up $1.75M if he hits incentives.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, the Chiefs can have him for that price. Like the guy enough but you draw the line at some point and 3/30 is definitely beyond that line...

EQ's looking at that and wondering: "Where did I go wrong?"

• Like 1