Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

33 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

It's not about being an F- you. It is about strategically using resources.

Well from a strategy standpoint you use your resources to improve your weakest areas on the team. WR is definitely the weakest part of our team right now. 

There really is no debate on that point. 

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Well from a strategy standpoint you use your resources to improve your weakest areas on the team. WR is definitely the weakest part of our team right now. 

OK so if we didn't have a FB on the roster and had a moderate need at S - you would take the FB in the first round no matter what?

Positional value still exists.

17 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

OK so if we didn't have a FB on the roster and had a moderate need at S - you would take the FB in the first round no matter what?

What a hill to die on. 

53 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

There is no debate concerning the dire straits our WR room is in currently.

There is debate, though, concerning where the WR's should be drafted.  I feel like we will "reach" for a guy at some point and time.  But that will not be the first round.

If anything, I could see GB trading up from 22 and/or down from 28 to get the guys that they want.

We know the WR room has some size in it with Lazard and Winfree.  But it lacks top end speed.  

One or two WR's that we take are going to have speed behind them.  Wouldn't shock me if we really liked someone like Pickens, too.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

There is no debate concerning the dire straits our WR room is in currently.

There is debate, though, concerning where the WR's should be drafted.  I feel like we will "reach" for a guy at some point and time.  But that will not be the first round.

If anything, I could see GB trading up from 22 and/or down from 28 to get the guys that they want.

We know the WR room has some size in it with Lazard and Winfree.  But it lacks top end speed.  

One or two WR's that we take are going to have speed behind them.  Wouldn't shock me if we really liked someone like Pickens, too.

I'd be thrilled to come out of the draft with Pickens and Skyy Moore in round 2. That would take some maneuvering of a trade down in round 1 and up in round 2. I think both are gone by pick 45.  Although, I've been seeing Moore mocked to San Diego with pick 17. It will not shock me if he slides into round 1. 

I really like the little guy, Austin III.  

I'm not sure if GB will like that body type with a pick in the top 3 rounds (again).  But that dude is electric.

If you take a bigger body type like a London, Pickens, Watson....etc with your first WR pick, then come back to a guy like him, that's another way to go.

(And I do like Skyy, too.)

Just another name for the later rounds, Kevin Austin (ND).  9.89 RAS score.  6'2''.  200 pounds.  PERFECT.  4.43 40,.  39 vertical.  132 broad.  6.71 3 cone.

Those scores make me salivate.  Seems like a great one to get in the 3rd round or later as a little bit of a project.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

You know there is less shame in admitting you are wrong than posting this garbage. 

Image result for Facepalm emojis. Size: 178 x 100. Source: www.vhv.rs

Edited by Old Guy

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I really like the little guy, Austin III.  

I'm not sure if GB will like that body type with a pick in the top 3 rounds (again).  But that dude is electric.

If you take a bigger body type like a London, Pickens, Watson....etc with your first WR pick, then come back to a guy like him, that's another way to go.

(And I do like Skyy, too.)

Just another name for the later rounds, Kevin Austin (ND).  9.89 RAS score.  6'2''.  200 pounds.  PERFECT.  4.43 40,.  39 vertical.  132 broad.  6.71 3 cone.

Those scores make me salivate.  Seems like a great one to get in the 3rd round or later as a little bit of a project.

It wouldn't be shocking to me if an Austin was the Packers 3rd round pick this year. The Notre Dame WR is one of the few WR's in this draft that has Packer type stamped all over him. As for the other Austin from Memphis, they haven't drafted that body type since 2000 when Ron Wolf selected Joey Jamison in the 5th round and then cut him in the first few days of training camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Indeed. But not when you're suffering from Wide Receiver Fever.
And the lame-*** media knows just how bad some Packer fans have it -  and are only too happy to pour more gas on that raging fire- taking the moderate fever up to acute deliriousness.

Unfortunately, there is no known cure at this time...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

You might say Jimmy Graham came to play with Rodgers.

Was Rodgers the one with 10 million dollars around his neck?

That is like telling a kid the dog loves him because you tied a porkchop around his neck so the dog with play with him. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You know there is less shame in admitting you are wrong than posting this garbage. 

Image result for Facepalm emojis. Size: 178 x 100. Source: www.vhv.rs

So no response. What is garbage about that? OT and EDGE matter a whole of a lot more than WR. We have a need there too. If there are equal WRs and EDGE available they will and should take the EDGE. 

Its not rocket science. You are advocating for reaching for a need. That is a bad way to build a team. But have at it. 

You consistently get into arguments on this board and when backed in a corner, respond as above. Nothing about that comparison is garbage, in fact it is your position - as articulated by you.

So maybe it is a little garbage then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Was Rodgers the one with 10 million dollars around his neck?

That is like telling a kid the dog loves him because you tied a porkchop around his neck so the dog with play with him. 

I dont know the other offers he was getting so i couldnt tell you if he took a little discount to play with Rodgers. Though what the Bears paid him after the pack I'd be inclined to think he was still looking at pretty decent money before signing in GB.

I know they talked about playing with each other at some pro bowl.

Just because a guy wants to play with a certain QB doesnt mean hes going to come at a huge discount. Between competing offers Rodgers mightve been the sway.