Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

im trusting that Gute has/had a plan in place that’s better than a broken down FA WR. I think they’re still going to make a deal with someone.

I would’ve been a jerk and played hardball with Adams.

There's no superstar walking through that door, they spent the Adams money on Douglas, Reed and 2 new top picks. There's room left for 1 last mid tier FA.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The most recent one I've seen is that r/Whitecloaks got nuked for being critical of Amazon Prime's Wheel of Time TV show.

Seems dumb. But there's like 11 trillion subreddits. Bound to be a bunch of crap mods.. Especially since most normal people don't want to be a freaking mod unless they have some weird insecurity issues. 

@CWood21 @Packerraymond

I guess I've never run into the issue personally but know that you say that I do think I hear tidbits here and there but it's not about subs I care about so I guess I just forget about it. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

There's room left for 1 last mid tier FA.

yes -  and its a fair guess the Watkins chatter is aimed at the mid-tier FA the Packers really want.

Right now is The Squeeze.
With the draft approaching, the mid tier players and their over-promising agents are getting squeezed. If they were happy with their offers, they'd have signed. But now its about to get real, deadlines spur action
We should see a flurry of signings shortly- their were well over 100 vets signed in April 2021

https://www.nfl.com/transactions/league/signings/2021/4

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's no superstar walking through that door, they spent the Adams money on Douglas, Reed and 2 new top picks. There's room left for 1 last mid tier FA.

I bet they’re going to have a better WR room than Lazard, a rookie and a Fuller/Watkins/Green /Julio type FA. 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Very doubtful they sign Sammy Watkins...yet. Signing him now would affect the compensatory pick they have coming for MVS. 

Watkins is worth like 5 dollars a year. I hope this isn't how they think right now anyways.