Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

he was, for 1/2 a season.  

is it sustainable is the question

It's a valid question, but the reasoning behind him being "unhappy" is evident all over this and other boards, no one thinks he's a legit WR, when he's shown he can be.

Ultimately, I think he stays in SF or goes to the Jets. I don't really look at anyone else as serious contenders for him. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It's a valid question, but the reasoning behind him being "unhappy" is evident all over this and other boards...
no one thinks he's a legit WR, when he's shown he can be.

I agree...but dont include me in those that think he cant cut it. The guy's got serious quicks to him and a fearlessness you dont see in many WRs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a valid question, but the reasoning behind him being "unhappy" is evident all over this and other boards, no one thinks he's a legit WR, when he's shown he can be.

Ultimately, I think he stays in SF or goes to the Jets. I don't really look at anyone else as serious contenders for him. 

There have been some recent seasons from WR that have been more 1 year hits that have not led to sustained success for a variety of reasons.   Parker, Golladay, Robby Anderson, Juju

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Tooney available via trade apparently?

GB liked him in the draft 

i'd do a late 4th and just hope cobb and marcedes stay in his ear. would rather just stay away, his interviews turned me off prior to the draft last year 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Tooney available via trade apparently?

GB liked him in the draft 

NY wants to move on from Toney a year after selecting him in RD1.  In his rookie year, Toney was regularly making headlines for off-field reasons and/or injuries, and was ejected from a game after throwing a punch.  Heading into his second season, Toney is skipping voluntary team activities under a new coaching staff.  This isn't a guy GB should be looking to aquire.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

NY wants to move on from Toney a year after selecting him in RD1.  In his rookie year, Toney was regularly making headlines for off-field reasons and/or injuries, and was ejected from a game after throwing a punch.  Heading into his second season, Toney is skipping voluntary team activities under a new coaching staff.  This isn't a guy GB should be looking to aquire.

Sounds like the spark we need.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'd do a late 4th and just hope cobb and marcedes stay in his ear. would rather just stay away, his interviews turned me off prior to the draft last year 

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Just stating the facts. NY wants to trade him and GB reportedly liked him in the draft.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Robert Tonyan may be under contract with the Packers in 2002 at a current cap hit of $2.4M but his total hit this year accounts for $4.3M total. The difference is from the dead cap from Tonyan's 2021 "void years" contract structure coming due and hitting this year's salary cap.

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

DEEBO is going to break down get toney

Easy pass on both. Deebo because of the acquisition price with draft picks and contract, Toney because he appears to be an idiot. It would surprise me if this kid retired prematurely because he's such an idiot. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1