Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The only one to say it was sent into the league was Justo, so it probably was never sent to the league. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if our GM and FO didn't know the rules of the league they've spent their entire lives working in.

I bet they discussed Waller, but it never went further than that.

I'm Justo's source. He thinks I'm a GM. 

(He'd probably fall for it too)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You think it's a dead issue with Waller, his agent and his ego? The team tried to trade you! That does not sit well with players. Plus, he wants a new deal and the Raiders are probably privy to the asking price of that new deal.

This may not happen with the Packers, but I find it hard to believe he's going to be a Raider if the asking price was only a 2nd round pick. 

They didn't try to trade him, they wanted the best WR in the NFL and the Packers said "here is the price."

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Got it from a pretty solid source, Packers v. Giants October 9th in London. 

Not guaranteeing it or anything, but I think you can pencil it in. 

Does anyone know where are the tickets going to be available. Feel like they are gonna be sold pretty quickly. First chance to see the live!

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

They didn't try to trade him, they wanted the best WR in the NFL and the Packers said "here is the price."

And they agreed to it! You are arguing semantics, but reality is the Raiders were willing to trade him. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

And they agreed to it! You are arguing semantics, but reality is the Raiders were willing to trade him. 

There's a difference between trading a guy and shopping a guy. That isn't semantics. If the Packers had a shot at Aaron Donald, but the Rams demand Kenny Clark in the trade and the Packers do it, doesn't mean the Packers wanted to trade Clark.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Based on what?

Based on a beat reporter who has connections. He could be completely wrong but the reporter is standing by his report and said Raiders and Packers were discussing Waller and it was agreed until the league said no.

And the confusion on the rule was because it was added during Covid where you can’t trade a guy with a contract for a player who hasn’t sign his tag.

So it’s based on reporting… everyone can take it with as much or as little salt as you want. But the report is claiming Waller was part of the original deal.