Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Our running back group is pretty strong with Jones and Dillon. But if something happens to them both we could be in trouble

You forget that before the injury Kylin Hill looked to be a pretty decent back up. 

Our running back group is pretty strong with Jones and Dillon. But if something happens to them both we could be in trouble

What position wouldn’t be in trouble if the top two players got hurt?

Not to raise a ruckus....but we've lost one of our starters in years previous - at the worst possible time (the Playoffs) - and been in trouble. I dont think we're adding anybody of consequence to the top four guys however.

2 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Not to mention if Aaron Rodgers, Jordon Love and Kurt Benkert all had season ending injuries they would be in trouble. They should really be addressing this now.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I mean how many teams run this deep already in the secondary? Sometimes you need to rely on the development of guys like Shemar Jean Charles. I'd like to see what teams have secondary's that are much deeper then the Packers. 

At this stage, I've no feel for how the backups are developing and ready to step in as an injury replacement. I think bringing King back wouldnt be a bad idea. I think he'd be cheap and would provide depth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

Why? They started talking extension with his agent at the scouting combine. They want Jaire on this team. Why do people think he isn’t in their future plans? Don’t let the Adams situation affect your view on this one.

Adams was also a third contract.  Jaire is looking for his second contract.  What was the last good player that we didn't sign to a second contract?  MVS, Blake Martinez, HaHa, and Damarious Randall.  And while those guys are good, they are not on the Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander level.  

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Adams was also a third contract.  Jaire is looking for his second contract.  What was the last good player that we didn't sign to a second contract?  MVS, Blake Martinez, HaHa, and Damarious Randall.  And while those guys are good, they are not on the Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander level.  

I agree with your point here, but until it’s confirmed I’ll be nervous that it may not happen

13 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Comment was tongue in cheek, playing off the original tweets concern of backups. You're not going to have great depth everywhere

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Wr.  Easily.

We might actually be better when it happens, if you see the top of the position as Watkins and Cobb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wr.  Easily.

We might actually be better when it happens, if you see the top of the position as Watkins and Cobb.

Wait.....lets not go killing off Watkins and Cobb just yet. I mean....I kinda like the rookies as well but they are unproven at this level........

12 minutes ago, R T said:

Not to mention if Aaron Rodgers, Jordon Love and Kurt Benkert all had season ending injuries they would be in trouble. They should really be addressing this now.  

This is hyperbolic fun, of course!! 

1. But there are five starter in the secondary, and five starting o-linemen.  There is only a single starting QB.  So it's maybe 5 times more probable that one of the secondary starters will get disabled? :):):).   
  2. Likewise 5 starters on o-line.  :)
  3. No contender expects to roll to the super bowl with their backup QB.  But I think every team expects they'll be playing with at least one next-man-up between OL and secondary.  

De'Vondre Campbell -   I’ve called like 3-4 different places in Green Bay to see if I can get my windows tinted and everyone is saying they booked out till June at this point I might as well do it myself…....

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

De'Vondre Campbell -   I’ve called like 3-4 different places in Green Bay to see if I can get my windows tinted and everyone is saying they booked out till June at this point I might as well do it myself…....

Guy doesn't know his own star power apparently.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

This is hyperbolic fun, of course!! 

1. But there are five starter in the secondary, and five starting o-linemen.  There is only a single starting QB.  So it's maybe 5 times more probable that one of the secondary starters will get disabled? :):):).   
  2. Likewise 5 starters on o-line.  :)
  3. No contender expects to roll to the super bowl with their backup QB.  But I think every team expects they'll be playing with at least one next-man-up between OL and secondary.  

If you could say that our two current guards are Runyan and Newman, and they were both down.  Then assume that we are rolling with Rhyan and Tom, I'm not sure that the second team guys are much of a downgrade.  

I feel like Runyan is the best of the bunch, but also Newman could be the worst of the bunch.

Either way, I'm pumped for this o-line.