Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm sure he had a say in it, but I doubt he was leading the charge.  I really don't know, but I get the idea that Gute has wanted to move on from Aaron for a while now.  

Why would the General Manager of the Green Bay Packers not be involved in a mega contract for his star QB?  The notion that Gute had his head in the sand on this deal is mind-boggling.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Why would the General Manager of the Green Bay Packers not be involved in a mega contract for his star QB?  The notion that Gute had his head in the sand on this deal is mind-boggling.

He was sitting on his hands. It's a GB GM tradition 

• Like 4

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   The Packers take on $40.3M of dead cap if he is traded regardless - nothing can reduce this.

If the Packers eat part of the $60M guaranteed before he is traded: Packers' cap hit goes up, new team goes down.

If Rodgers takes a pay cut, only the new team would benefit.

Nate Tice -  Honestly think it's a no brainer for another team to make an offer to Yosh Nijman. Nijman is a solid to even good OT with experience on both the left and right sides. I nominated him as one of the most improved players in the NFL last season.

• Aaron Nagler -  On point from Nate here. I know some fans will point to his struggles the last few games but folks have to remember he was playing through a shoulder injury. When he's right, he is a good player at an important position.

Andy Herman -   Jordan Love doesn't get nearly enough credit for just being a complete pro throughout this entire Rodgers/Packers saga. Came in as a first round pick behind a HOF quarterback, never complained, never created any issues, just worked his *** off. Complete class all the way.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:32 AM, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  The Green Bay Packers need $9.44M of cap space in order to trade Aaron Rodgers.

They currently have $16.66M of cap space.

better phased as: the packers have plenty of cap room to trade aaron rodgers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Jordan Love doesn't get nearly enough credit for just being a complete pro throughout this entire Rodgers/Packers saga. Came in as a first round pick behind a HOF quarterback, never complained, never created any issues, just worked his *** off. Complete class all the way.

Honestly, I see how this would make me proud if he were my son, but I do wish he rippled the pond more to show he has some alpha male leadership in him. My hope is that he comes to training camp and fights Captain Ayahuasca (or the ghost of Captain Ayahuasca) for control of the team. I get that his skills may be nearing NFL level, but I don't see any fight in the young man, and may he prove me mightily wrong.

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

This sounds a lot like what was being said about Rodgers during the Favre drama.

• Like 1