Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Should be getting the Packers RFA tenders sometime in the next couple of hours. Nijman probably a 2nd, not sure if they even tender Barnes and Davis. 

I would be in for rfr on Barnes.  He is a low-end starter, and we really do have 4 pretty good ILBs with him in the fold.  If someone wants to pay him, good for him.  It is 2.6 million, which is steep for a back up LB, but I think he is a fine player.  Unless you think we can turn around and get him back for less than that.  

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would be in for rfr on Barnes.  He is a low-end starter, and we really do have 4 pretty good ILBs with him in the fold.  If someone wants to pay him, good for him.  It is 2.6 million, which is steep for a back up LB, but I think he is a fine player.  Unless you think we can turn around and get him back for less than that.  

They need to tender Barnes… he is Love’s boy. We don’t want to start off on the wrong foot.

Given that we will ultimately need to bend over backwards for a good QB might as well start there.

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

2nd or first I would think.  People see him as a starting LT at this point.  I would go first and look to sign/trade

I think 1st is optimistic. I would go second and hope somebody signs him, Washington is my guess. 

Edited by Old Guy

44 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I do wonder what the value of Yosh is, league wide. He has started 21 games in the last two seasons, and has been good more than bad.  

What is the value of an average starting tackle?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a team is willing to give up a 2nd rounder for him.

Well, since the Raiders traded Waller and now 'Tae is pissed I've got an idea. Let's send a 2nd to Vegas and get him back! 😂 But not until the ink is dry on the Rodgers deal to the Jets. 

Heck, Waller was only worth a 3rd.

Edited by Old Guy