Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

It's all gonna come down the OL. There's enough talent among the guys who touch the ball, but they're young. If the OL is dominant and gives them quality reps, consistency and confidence they could blossom nicely. 

If they play like they did against the Chiefs, it'll be ugly. 

Key to 2023 is, again, definitely the OL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

That is an ugly list.  I wonder how many of the "Rodgers had no weapons" crowd will give the same slack to Love.

It is and has been a very poor group since the second Adams was gone.   It was a poor group for AR and unless something unexpected happens it will be a poor group for Love.

Another of Gute's failures.  If people paid attention that is where the vitriol really belongs.

Just now, hitnhope said:

It is and has been a very poor group since the second Adams was gone.   It was a poor group for AR and unless something unexpected happens it will be a poor group for Love.

Another of Gute's failures.  If people paid attention that is where the vitriol really belongs.

It all balances out in the end.  You have enough vitriol toward Gute to make up for the rest of us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Round 1 pick almost has to be a WR or even receiving TE like Kincaid.  The Packers need a major talent boost on offense.  I think when Rodgers was there it was assumed he could elevate talent.  He could at one point, but seemed to have lost that ability of late.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

It all balances out in the end.  You have enough vitriol toward Gute to make up for the rest of us.

Nah.   He's still in the position.  Wht more could he mess up?   We are now looking at getting what a couple 2nd round picks for the 4 time MVP?   Because of his bad contract?

If he was in private business leading a major corporation his arse would be gone for the repetitive incompetence.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Round 1 pick almost has to be a WR or even receiving TE like Kincaid.  The Packers need a major talent boost on offense.  I think when Rodgers was there it was assumed he could elevate talent.  He could at one point, but seemed to have lost that ability of late.

I'll be surprised if pick 15 is used at WR or TE.  I expect that pick to be spent somewhere along either line.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Nah.   He's still in the position.  Wht more could he mess up?   We are now looking at getting what a couple 2nd round picks for the 4 time MVP?   Because of his bad contract?

If he was in private business leading a major corporation his arse would be gone for the repetitive incompetence.

I'm pretty much with you ... he's had a multitude of questionable decisions.  He's safe as long as Love doesn't bust.  If he busts then the entire front office needs to be shown the door.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll be surprised if pick 15 is used at WR or TE.  I expect that pick to be spent somewhere along either line.

I could see Oline.  They need lay off first round defense .. they have terrible results given the capital spent there.  Surround the kid with better talent on O.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I could see Oline.  They need lay off first round defense .. they have terrible results given the capital spent there.  Surround the kid with better talent on O.

Can't make future draft decisions based on past results.  If the board says defense when you are on the clock, draft defense.  If they take a TE at 15 I will be pissed.

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not disagreeing that the OL/DL isn't important.

Am saying that in this draft, I do not like the WR's after Addison is gone, except for maybe Hyatt.  I like what I've seen more from the mid rounds OTs/DL's.

While I don't want to take a WR high...man...I just don't like many of them after the top few are gone.

Then again, I couldn't spell Romeo Doubs last year at this time, either.  So there is that....

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Not disagreeing that the OL/DL isn't important.

Am saying that in this draft, I do not like the WR's after Addison is gone, except for maybe Hyatt.  I like what I've seen more from the mid rounds OTs/DL's.

While I don't want to take a WR high...man...I just don't like many of them after the top few are gone.

Then again, I couldn't spell Romeo Doubs last year at this time, either.  So there is that....

I have to think that pick is going to be OL, Edge, DL or DB.  There isn't a WR or TE I want to spend that pick on.

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

WR is just as valuable (according to paychecks) as OT. So I think QJ is definitely in the mix if we like him. Otherwise I think it's going to be an OT if one of the top 3 is available.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Can't make future draft decisions based on past results.  If the board says defense when you are on the clock, draft defense.  If they take a TE at 15 I will be pissed.

I also think we need to invest on the offensive side of the ball.  That doesn't mean we pass over value, or spend the pick on a TE or RB.

I'd prefer to see JSN or an OT in the first followed by a TE in the 2nd.  Give Love some weapons because the talent at WR and TE is poor. 

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

WR is just as valuable (according to paychecks) as OT. So I think QJ is definitely in the mix if we like him. Otherwise I think it's going to be an OT if one of the top 3 is available.