Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

51 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's frustrating .. didn't realize that Stokes return was in doubt.  We'll be drafting another corner pretty high I'm sure.  Can SJC play at all?  It's time for him to step up for be shipped out.

SJC can play.  The unfortunate part is that he has marginal speed for the position in the NFL. Watch him this preseason.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

SJC can play.  The unfortunate part is that he has marginal speed for the position in the NFL. Watch him this preseason.  

Maybe...over time....he can make up for a lack of speed with "cagey vet" experience kicking in.......🤔

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Maybe...over time....he can make up for a lack of speed with "cagey vet" experience kicking in.......🤔

It is also an opportunity thing. 

I thought that SJC was really good in preseason last year.  He is just behind the numbers game, and it isn't like we have a dearth of talent in front of him, we have a pretty darn good CB room.

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is also an opportunity thing. 

I thought that SJC was really good in preseason last year.  He is just behind the numbers game, and it isn't like we have a dearth of talent in front of him, we have a pretty darn good CB room.

Agree with the concept and I cant say I've focused in on the player much at all....simply saying that lack of speed at CB is close to missing an arm would be to a WR.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree with the concept and I cant say I've focused in on the player much at all....simply saying that lack of speed at CB is close to missing an arm would be to a WR.

SJC ran 4.52 coming out of college, Rasul Douglas ran 4.59. SJC is fast enough to play in the NFL.  

1 minute ago, R T said:

SJC ran 4.52 coming out of college, Rasul Douglas ran 4.59. SJC is fast enough to play in the NFL.  

Oh well then fine. I was just responding to a comment that he lacked speed - which at the position can be troublesome.

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh well then fine. I was just responding to a comment that he lacked speed - which at the position can be troublesome.

My fault.  He isn't too slow to play.  He just lacks the top end speed of Jaire or Stokes.  Rasul makes it work.  Al Harris made it work.  Ladarius Gunter didn't make it work.  I believe SJC is faster than these examples.  Just saying that he isn't going to run with MVS in most circumstances.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

My fault.  He isn't too slow to play.  He just lacks the top end speed of Jaire or Stokes.  Rasul makes it work.  Al Harris made it work.  Ladarius Gunter didn't make it work.  I believe SJC is faster than these examples.  Just saying that he isn't going to run with MVS in most circumstances.  

To be fair...Douglas is making it work, now.  It didn't for the first two teams he played for.  Right time, right place, right player.

I'm not sure what SJC is or is not.  I thought he had a chance when he was coming out.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

To be fair...Douglas is making it work, now.  It didn't for the first two teams he played for.  Right time, right place, right player.

I'm not sure what SJC is or is not.  I thought he had a chance when he was coming out.

I think he can be every bit as successful as say, Chandon Sullivan.  Just needs the opportunity.  I doubt he is ever a preferred outside starter at CB.  I do think that he is less hit or miss than Ka'dar Hollman was.  Ka'dar was either going to be a starter, or nothing.  I think SJC is a utility guy that could start in the slot role, or provide some playable depth on the outside.

LaFleur already tempering expectations for Love, while praising Aaron.  It's going to be interesting to see what we get from LaFleur with no Aaron to lean on.  Based on the one start of Love's career it was clear in that game that LaFleur was way overmatched by a good Chiefs team.  Big year for LaFleur .. going to be interesting to see how this works out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35981813

Man, just hoping Savage isn't who we saw the past 2 years is a pretty bold plan at safety?

I think I would move that guy for nothing right now if we could.  Can't see him performing above the level of the veteran safeties still available, including Amos.

Probably not a guy who has any value though.

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Man, just hoping Savage isn't who we saw the past 2 years is a pretty bold plan at safety?

I think I would move that guy for nothing right now if we could.  Can't see him performing above the level of the veteran safeties still available, including Amos.

Ah, my friends and I love to talk about how this is going to be the year that Jamal Reynolds finally gets it.

We still talk about how this could be his year.

I'm thinking we will soon be inserting Darnell Salvage's name in Reynolds' place.

18 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Get yourself out of SB contender mode and into the next chapter.

Why wouldn't you want a 25 year old that runs 4.3 and who was playing at an all pro level for a stretch in 2020 back as your safety?

Savage ceiling is twice as high as any other option. He was hitting it with Pettine. Barry sucks.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Get yourself out of SB contender mode and into the next chapter.

Why wouldn't you want a 25 year old that runs 4.3 and who was playing at an all pro level for a stretch in 2020 back as your safety?

Savage ceiling is twice as high as any other option. He was hitting it with Pettine. Barry sucks.

Terrell Edmunds just signed a deal for 1/3 of what Savage makes and has similar upside.