Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I'd like to see them bring Mason Crosby back to compete.  Carlson has a lot of mixed reviews, and doesn't have great leg strength for kickoffs.  Crosby doesn't either, but I'm sure he could show Carlson the tricks of the trade having kicked in Green Bay since 1936.

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'd like to see them bring Mason Crosby back to compete.  Carlson has a lot of mixed reviews, and doesn't have great leg strength for kickoffs.  Crosby doesn't either, but I'm sure he could show Carlson the tricks of the trade having kicked in Green Bay since 1936.

If they were bringing back Crosby, they would have done it before the draft and not wasted a pick on a kicker. Only way Crosby is signed is if Carlson gets injured or he fails miserably. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Id like ramiz to come back. Only thing he did wrong was get injured at the wrong time. Guys got a big time leg. If they both stink sign cros. You know what he is.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Looks like the youngest team in the league. Kenny Clark has been around forever it seems and isn't 28 yet. Crazy! 

I think Ford is a safe bet to make the roster, probably not a lock though. 

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

That is one ****ty list of veteran WRs. The only guy I'd consider is Landry and he'd want too much money. Julio doesn't seem at all like a leader so what would the point be. 

This is like exactly what I was thinking. My only hope would be that we could squeeze Landry in somehow. 

There are also some good examples of why NOT to spend a FRP on a WR in that group. 

25 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

This is like exactly what I was thinking. My only hope would be that we could squeeze Landry in somehow. 

There are also some good examples of why NOT to spend a FRP on a WR in that group. 

There isn't a single name on that list that I'd want to sign.  I have to think GB will be rolling with what they have at WR.  For better or worse, the GB passing game in 2023 will look nothing like what we've seen in the recent past with Rodgers/Adams. 

I'm genuinely excited to see how the offense shakes out, but it's easy to understand why outsiders do not expect much from GB this season. 

If I'm going to add a receiver, I'd be looking for a few of the following characteristics:

-cheap ($3-4M or cheaper)

-Enough production to push for WR4 (and to give Touri, Wicks, Dubose, and Melton someone to compete against). I get the idea that you don't want to keep those guys from developing, but I also think you don't want them handed a job.

-You enough to still be worth keeping for a few years

To throw a name out there, Kendrick Bourne. He's still on the Pat's roster, but they now have Juju Smith Schuster, Tyquan thorton, Devante parker, and two 6th round picks. He's only 28, but due $7M and has a dead cap hit of only $1.4M, so a possible cap casualty. He logged 400 snaps layer year, 430 yards of production. You could make the case that Parker is the more likely cap casualty, but someone like Bourne would catch my eye for $3-4M to play WR4 and at least push the young guys.

• Like 2