Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The schedule looks pretty good for our offense. We play a lot of really bad defenses from last year. Obviously there's some change year to year but we have 7 games vs. the bottom eight scoring defenses (25% of the league) from last year and 0 games against the top 8. 10 games vs. 2 if you extend it to bottom twelve vs. top twelve.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

I’m picking the Vikes to win the division, followed by the lions, and followed by us/bears with around 7 wins.

I will be GLAD to be completely wrong.

My hopes are high but my expectations are low.

I'm not picking the Vikings to win the division ... ever.  I will be GLAD if they never do and completely happy.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

I’m picking the Vikes to win the division, followed by the lions, and followed by us/bears with around 7 wins.

What what is this?  Packers are going 20-0!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't mean to. I think he's a really nice piece of the offense, too.. I didn't mean a literal 1-1 mapping of stats from one player to the next. The pitis that nobody thought that 2021 Bengals offense would be what it was. Or that the 2023 Philly offense would. 

Not directed at you, but there's always been this weird "crap on posters who try to discuss what the league WILL look like and not what it DID just look like" vibe on a site called footballs FUTURE. 

It's so weird to me everyone is so afraid to project breakout players and teams. If you average out a season's worth of predictions on this site you probably come up 25% fewer total wins than are in an NFL season. People are so afraid to predict positive results they think average probability predictions are outlandishly optimistic. 

First of all, I never took anything as 'crapping on me!' 

I'm so jacked about the talent this team has on offense. Jones, Dillon, Watson, Doubs, Reed, Deguara, Musgrave, Kraft. No idea how it will all gel on the field, but Love has options. More importantly MLF has to be drooling over how he can keep a defense on it heels. We are going to get to see what MLF had in mind when he came to GB to run his offense. 

This is the most excited I am to see our team play in I don't know how many years. 

No idea how it's going to work out record wise, but when this team is on, it's going to be electric. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

The schedule looks pretty good for our offense. We play a lot of really bad defenses from last year. Obviously there's some change year to year but we have 7 games vs. the bottom eight scoring defenses (25% of the league) from last year and 0 games against the top 8. 10 games vs. 2 if you extend it to bottom twelve vs. top twelve.

JL4K!

19 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I've seen the McAfee show once.  Which is one more time than I've seen guys like Cowherd, Bayless, etc...

You'd expect McAfee to make the media pinhead situation worse?  I'd probably be reluctantly impressed if he managed to lower that bar further than it already is.

I think you need to watch his show more than once then.

21 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I can't see us topping 7-10 this year. We are just too inexperienced at QB, WR, and TE to be consistent enough to string wins together.  My hope is that steady progress is shown throughout the season and at years end we all have the feeling that we are on the brink of something special. 

The obvious consideration is who's throwing them the ball, but I'll take the talent of the 2023 pass catchers ( and 3 of them in year 2) room over 2022. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

16 hours ago, n8ghee said:

I think they get 2nd and maybe 3rd. How are they going to stop teams passing all over them?

Hopefully these Packers beat reporters get the Rodgers stuff out of their system in one afternoon because I feel like 75% of the questions asked to Love, Clark and Jones have revolved around Rodgers no longer being there. It's already getting old lol...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hopefully these Packers beat reporters get the Rodgers stuff out of their system in one afternoon because I feel like 75% of the questions asked to Love, Clark and Jones have revolved around Rodgers no longer being there. It's already getting old lol...

It’s the biggest offseason story in GB, but yeah, going forward I’d be like “He plays for the Jets, next question.”  Reporters don’t like that but  at some point you’ve got to admit the horse is dead. Hope we have some positives to report on very soon when the pads come on.