Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's trendy for all the teams to do a schedule release video now. He basically was commenting on ours and saying it was lame. 

Okay, so he's ripping on the GB Packer social media department?  Not ripping on the front office concerning the roster, who is here and who isn't?

Or did that sneak in there, too?

And again...can we even afford to trade Bakh with that re-done contract after absorbing the Rodgers deal?

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Honestly, if our VP of communications is posting "suck it" gifs about a rival college he went to 20+ years ago, he deserves criticism for his media content decisions.

I’m not sure I have been following that particular “scandal”. It’s probably just a caseof everyone needs to lighten up, Bak was just poking fun at a trivial thing. He’s still a ridiculously paid athlete punching down on some guys who had a homework assignment that probably deserves minimal effort. He is one of the last of the old guard and obviously won’t need much for people to question his loyalties. Hope he crushes it on the field this year. He’s been paid at the top of his position and hasn’t lived up to that contract due to injury but he should be expected to act like a leader on top of playing ball. 

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay, so he's ripping on the GB Packer social media department?  Not ripping on the front office concerning the roster, who is here and who isn't?

Or did that sneak in there, too?

And again...can we even afford to trade Bakh with that re-done contract after absorbing the Rodgers deal?

We could afford to trade him after June 1st. 

59 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Honestly, if our VP of communications is posting "suck it" gifs about a rival college he went to 20+ years ago, he deserves criticism for his media content decisions.

We as fans deserve to see that same energy on the Packers socials when we beat the Bears week one, just photoshop Jordan Love's face on it.

4 minutes ago, R T said:

I guess it depends on your definition of afford, it's possible but not practical.  

We would gain an additional 2.25 in cap space plus get the draft capital. Ideal? No, but if he's not all in, get what you can for him and move on. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We as fans deserve to see that same energy on the Packers socials when we beat the Bears week one, just photoshop Jordan Love's face on it.

What did we fans do to deserve middle school humor that's not even funny to middle-schoolers?

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

We would gain an additional 2.25 in cap space plus get the draft capital. Ideal? No, but if he's not all in, get what you can for him and move on. 

I knew I should have clarified the 'practical' the second I posted it because every amateur capologist would come out of the woodwork to breakdown the why from the money side. But every person in the Packers organization believes they can win the NFC North and having Bakh anchoring the left side is an important part of that goal. Yes, it is possible, but not practical for their goals as a team.

Winning teams with a winning culture are trying to win games every week of every year and Bakh helps them win those games.

Of course, he could attempt to force his way out and at that point they will probably want him out of the locker room. That would be an incredibly selfish thing for him to do after the way the Packers stood by him, but if that happens a trade deadline deal might bring more value from a playoff team who needs an OT because of injury and is willing to spend to keep a SB run alive. Let's hope he doesn't go there. 

9 hours ago, R T said:

I knew I should have clarified the 'practical' the second I posted it because every amateur capologist would come out of the woodwork to breakdown the why from the money side. But every person in the Packers organization believes they can win the NFC North and having Bakh anchoring the left side is an important part of that goal. Yes, it is possible, but not practical for their goals as a team.

Winning teams with a winning culture are trying to win games every week of every year and Bakh helps them win those games.

Of course, he could attempt to force his way out and at that point they will probably want him out of the locker room. That would be an incredibly selfish thing for him to do after the way the Packers stood by him, but if that happens a trade deadline deal might bring more value from a playoff team who needs an OT because of injury and is willing to spend to keep a SB run alive. Let's hope he doesn't go there. 

And I knew I would have to come back and tell you the original post you took one line out of a post. It stated in the post it would be ideal to have Bak protecting Love's blindside this year, IF HE WERE ALL IN! 

You have a habit of doing this sort of thing. Parsing things out of context to start ****. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

And I knew I would have to come back and tell you the original post you took one line out of, stated, it would be ideal to have Bak protecting Love's blindside this year, IF HE WERE ALL IN! 

You have a habit of doing this sort of thing. Parsing things out of context to start ****. 

Try the decaf. Nothing I typed should be getting your panties in a bunch. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bakhtiari isn't going anywhere this season, not sure why we're wasting keyboard strokes on the thought.

Because Rodgers is gone now… and after decades of psychologically analyzing him the fan base needs a player to do this to.

Bakhtiari is the next logical person given his contract and that of the group he is kind of the man left behind by the Rodgers exodus.

• Like 1