Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I think you can look forward to the Packer HOF to be at least slightly renovated within the next decade. I'm saying this as the 'wall' of Packer HOF entries will have only 32 spots left empty after Nelson and Sitton are inducted... and if another Packer becomes enshrined in Canton(6-10 years unless somebody comes out of nowhere to be nominated), they're gonna have to extend that grand hallway exhibit of the team's nominees because all the space is gone.

Outside of that observation, it was an overall fine experience at the meeting.

Interesting player career comparisons....

Player A) 53INT 9TD 10FF 13FR

Player B) 52INT 4TD 7FF 6FR

Player C) 50INT 6TD 10FF 15FR

Player D) 53INT 7TD 7FF 5FR

Player A) is Deion Sanders

Player B) is Champ Bailey

Player C) is Terrell Buckley

Player D) is Ty Law 

Three are HOFers and one is considered by many a bust. Weird how that works. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2023 at 8:13 PM, James Lofton said:

Clutch players.

At the end of a close game I always felt confident that we had a fighting chance with players like Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Devante Adams, Mason Crosby and of course Aaron Rodgers.

Now, none are on the team, but I suppose that will give others the chance to grow into being clutch.

Really?

I have felt the opposite lately.  3-4 years.

If we needed a TD to win the game, in the fourth quarter, I didn't feel like Rodgers had it in him.

3 points?  Yeah.  No problem.

I haven't felt good about our ability to come from behind with Rodgers for a couple of years now.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Not going to lie, I kind of wish they would have put Sitton and Lang in at the same time.  

Not going to lie, I kind of wish they would have put Sitton in as the same time as HHCD.  Because that would have been.....awkward!  

5 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Interesting player career comparisons....

Player A) 53INT 9TD 10FF 13FR

Player B) 52INT 4TD 7FF 6FR

Player C) 50INT 6TD 10FF 15FR

Player D) 53INT 7TD 7FF 5FR

Player A) is Deion Sanders

Player B) is Champ Bailey

Player C) is Terrell Buckley

Player D) is Ty Law 

Three are HOFers and one is considered by many a bust. Weird how that works. 

The Packers cut bait on Buckley way too soon.  He wound up having a really good career.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Any earth shattering news?

To my knowledge, nothing that hasn't been discussed in this forum already. I'll admit my mind probably blanked out when the finances started(a large chunk of the crowd started to flee at that point). We're still solvent and in the green money-wise, so all's well.

I was hoping the Shareholder merch would be wittier at the least.

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

To my knowledge, nothing that hasn't been discussed in this forum already. I'll admit my mind probably blanked out when the finances started(a large chunk of the crowd started to flee at that point). We're still solvent and in the green money-wise, so all's well.

I was hoping the Shareholder merch would be wittier at the least.

These business meetings are pretty dry.  After they talk about the previous season and show highlights its all numbers and finances.  I've been to a few of them in the past but not in last couple of years.  

A direct result of Rodgers' failure to beat the 49ers in the playoffs should be a new zero-tolerance policy for losing to the 49ers in the playoffs that would apply to all current and future QBs. You lose to them once, just once, even if you get a win first, you lose the privilege of playing a playoff game against the 49ers for the rest of your tenure with the team. This would be called the Aaron Rodgers Rule for obvious reasons.

Edited by pf9