Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'll be glad when Watson returns and cuts into Toure & Heath's snap counts.......

Agreed .. we need Watson back badly.  Love is going to find a lot more open space to work with when he gets back in there.  Doubs and Watson are pretty high quality wr's .. Reed and Wicks look like they are something.  Toure is probably a #4 or #5 type.  Heath is bottom of the wide receiver.  I still think we draft another WR fairly high (2nd round).  I'd maybe be in the market for a veteran acquisition at WR this year.  I was watching Michael Thomas yesterday do a lot of work over the middle of the field for the Saints and thought that type would be extremely useful for Love.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

The dreaded vote of confidence.  The question is Adam why has he not "come through" as of yet?

I'll answer it for you, he has.  He is what he is.  Now get Jones healthy and get your O-Linemen run blocking to the level they should be.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed .. we need Watson back badly.  Love is going to find a lot more open space to work with when he gets back in there.  Doubs and Watson are pretty high quality wr's .. Reed and Wicks look like they are something.  Toure is probably a #4 or #5 type.  Heath is bottom of the wide receiver.  I still think we draft another WR fairly high (2nd round).  I'd maybe be in the market for a veteran acquisition at WR this year.  I was watching Michael Thomas yesterday do a lot of work over the middle of the field for the Saints and thought that type would be extremely useful for Love.

I think we could get a Geronimo Allison type of player out of Heath.  They are about the same size and have enough juice to get by.  And before people flat out dismiss Allison, he was a complimentary WR that made some good plays and had a few big games sprinkled in there.  And in 2018, before he got hurt, he was averaging 72 yards and half a TD per game.  Super stud? No.  Useful piece to the puzzle? Yes.  

We have a lot to work with in the room right now.  And the oldest guy is Toure, at just 25.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

at least two after last year, and looking like 3.  If they aren't a playoff team next year the grumbling will begin in earnest

With Murphy hitting mandatory retirement age after next season I'd find it very unlikely any major changes are going to happen concerning the HC or GM unless the wheels totally and completely fall off in some sort of spectacular fashion. 

10 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

So how many years will those three-straight 13-win seasons buy MLF in terms of a Grace Period?

I think the team would have to absolutely collapse for him to be fired anytime in the next 3-4 yrs. 

Probably agree with skibrett - the floor with Love and current roster looks to be "mediocre",; this year is a reset/transition year so I'd say he can float until at least the end of 2025 if the team doesn't rise above the 7 to 9 win range.