Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So a complete assumption, got it. 

Yes.  When a player says "I don't know if I'll play", and doesn't, I normally assume the team docs are saying no.  I don't see any reason to assume different with Jaire.  

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

People get convicted all the time on circumstantial evidence. There is plenty here for a conviction. 

What you cited is not circumstantial evidence.  It is hearsay.  

As in "Objection, your honor, hearsay."

Judge "Sustained".

Now, this is not the court of law.

But, if you think there is a rift between the Packers and Jaire....what is that rift?  If it is Barry, I'd argue that this defense is better with JA than it is JB.

Most likely outcome is that one of them is gone at the end of the year.  Since the finances surrounding JA are difficult and the finances around JB are easy, I feel like JA will be here next year with a new DC.

Then we can revisit this topic next season after we've seen what Stokes can or cannot do while also seeing if Valentine takes a step forward and how well our rookie secondary guys are looking.  Cuz we are taking a corner and probably a safety pretty high.

• Like 1

One thing that's really starting to tick me off is the TV announcers ragging on the officials. That's my job. I wish the announcers would just put a cork in it and simply call the game. The color commentator, as he used to be called, can explain the offensive and defensive plays, strategies, and various player skills like how to block a certain play, and such stuff, but leave the officiating alone. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ugh, below me. The defense didn’t turn the ball over three times. None of the three phases played well enough to win. But a fair number of young players showed some stuff. Next week.

In general, take stats that didn’t exist in 2001, and throw them away. What’s the league ranks?

Offense Scoring: 19th

Defense Scoring: 12th

Turnover differential of zero.

Its on the offense.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Ugh, below me. The defense didn’t turn the ball over three times. None of the three phases played well enough to win. But a fair number of young players showed some stuff. Next week.

In general, take stats that didn’t exist in 2001, and throw them away. What’s the league ranks?

Offense Scoring: 19th

Defense Scoring: 12th

Turnover differential of zero.

Its on the offense.

Agree that we sucked in a general / all around way with a highlight here and there, but I feel folks are simply tired of this bend/dont break defense which has difficulty closing the door or shutting down the opposition in critical moments.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Pressures are more important than sacks was a phrase I was confident in until I met Devonte Wyatt.

Pressures are when the rest of the guys aren't lying on the back or off the field. We played such a light box last night so often we have 5 rushing. Gary didn't play much probably scared with the turf. Smith was invisible they all were. They can't hold a lane assignment to save their lives other than Kenny. LB's were invisible save the first couple drives then they disappeared. Terrible all the way around. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I learned the ball and while those stats are great, they don't say that every game. The offense **** the bet last night and left way to much on the field. 1-4. Get rid of Carlson too misses to much and can't kick through the EZ like seriously why can't we get a kid with a big leg.