Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Guessing no one had "Bo Melton in week 16" as the first WR to eclipse 100 receiving yards in a game for GB in the 2023 season.

Love is approaching 4000 yards, and to think he is the first 100 yard receiver this year is interesting.

• Like 4

Question for the masses

Again, no agenda, just looking for opinions.

Is there any possibility that Joe Barry keeps his job?

What if they play lights out defense the rest of the way.  What if they get to the NFCC game and the defense plays a big part in getting them there?

Is Barry gone regardless or is there a point you would consider bringing him back?

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses

What if they play lights out defense the rest of the way.  What if they get to the NFCC game and the defense plays a big part in getting them there?

Is Barry gone regardless or is there a point you would consider bringing him back?

For me?  There is no possibility that Joe Barry gets another contract offer from GB to be the DC.

None.

All this stuff we've seen the last two weeks?  Stunts, blitzes....etc.  That looks new because MLF has influence over the defense now.  This is not really Joe Barry.

And this happens with this guy.  His defenses are largely crap, then the powers above him squeeze a little bit, things change, better results happen and we've ended up keeping him.  Hoping that the success will lead to move defensive gameplans like these in the future.  And it doesn't happen.  He reverts back to his old ways and this is what we get.

In evaluating his entire body of work...he's been subpar and should be replaced.  

But that is just my take.  Could be that there are incriminating pictures that keep him employed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Love is approaching 4000 yards, and to think he is the first 100 yard receiver this year is interesting.

It really is a sign that Love isn't singling in on one WR. I hope he doesn't change and he keeps the same mentality to spread the ball.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For me?  There is no possibility that Joe Barry gets another contract offer from GB to be the DC.

None.

All this stuff we've seen the last two weeks?  Stunts, blitzes....etc.  That looks new because MLF has influence over the defense now.  This is not really Joe Barry.

And this happens with this guy.  His defenses are largely crap, then the powers above him squeeze a little bit, things change, better results happen and we've ended up keeping him.  Hoping that the success will lead to move defensive gameplans like these in the future.  And it doesn't happen.  He reverts back to his old ways and this is what we get.

In evaluating his entire body of work...he's been subpar and should be replaced.  

But that is just my take.  Could be that there are incriminating pictures that keep him employed.

I hope that LaFleur doesn't want to be the guy that is dictating the defense on a weekly basis .. if that's the case maybe he keeps Barry and just mandates to him how things are going to work.  I just think he needs a sharp DC that knows how to, or is willing to change things up when needed.  Situational awareness has been a major problem during games, and LaFleur doesn't have the time to be involved in that on game days.  Just get a top notch DC!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope that LaFleur doesn't want to be the guy that is dictating the defense on a weekly basis .. if that's the case maybe he keeps Barry and just mandates to him how things are going to work.  I just think he needs a sharp DC that knows how to, or is willing to change things up when needed.  Situational awareness has been a major problem during games, and LaFleur doesn't have the time to be involved in that on game days.  Just get a top notch DC!

Screenshot-20240102-144932.png

It's never a good sign when you Google worst defensive coordinator and Joe Barry is the first thing you see.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

GB has two more years to figure out how to work with Watson in the off-season to get rid of these injuries.

No need to move on prior to his contract being done.  Even then?  I'd hope they keep him around.

The issue is can he overcome this hammy of his?  As fast as he is and how he causes problems for defenses he doesn't do us much good in street clothes on Sundays.  😟  I hope they can figure out why he can't keep that hammy from hurting.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses

I know most here think he's history but I don't trust MLF with this situation.  My fear is if we make the playoffs Matt will not make a move on that side of the ball.  And that could be his undoing in the end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I know most here think he's history but I don't trust MLF with this situation.  My fear is if we make the playoffs Matt will not make a move on that side of the ball.  And that could be his undoing in the end.

Nah his contract is up.  Nice guy and all but he sucks and is toast.  Too many failures on that side of the ball.  Besides think Gute and Murphtones will weigh in as well.  They would have to have a deep run in the playoffs without Defensive meltdowns.  Hey man I'm just worried about next week.  Just hope they can come up with a plan to contain Fields. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Jordan is right there with JA for always looking stoned out of his mind.

015e316afaca4cecc2116e60f44bb6d6f38e6e1f

Looks more like a dude in love. I hope that isn't his sister and it's his girlfriend. Otherwise, we have a problem. 

Edited by Old Guy