Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Yes perhaps we are in a transition. My perception is that 80s millenials are different than 90s millenials in this regard. 

I'm an 80s millennial and it's pretty much the default among all parents I know my age

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm an 80s millennial and it's pretty much the default among all parents I know my age

Most 80s millenials i know are coastal folks, maybe some regional effects or i guess i just make friends who run their houses like the wild wild west.

The whole "gentle" parenting movement is from early millenials, no?  Tough to implement successfully. 

Anyways it seems that this has been good for Ja. 

Edited by HokieHigh

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

After watching that, I feel like he's all in for the Packers right now.  And maybe with him that is a week to week thing.  Tough to say.

While what he did was unprofessional and unnecessary, I never got as mad and wound up about it as others.  Prolly bcuz we hadn’t seen those particular antics happen before and truthfully it was kinda hilarious lol.

We’ve seen players say and do far worse when they’re unhappy with the coaching staff.  This was rather tame by comparison.  And certainly didn’t warrant ppl to throw the word “cancer” around so recklessly. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

While what he did was unprofessional and unnecessary, I never got as mad and wound up about it as others.  Prolly bcuz we hadn’t seen those particular antics happen before and truthfully it was kinda hilarious lol.

We’ve seen players say and do far worse when they’re unhappy with the coaching staff.  This was rather tame by comparison.  And certainly didn’t warrant ppl to throw the word “cancer” around so recklessly. 

Just my take on this....

If it was that big of a deal for JA to be made captain, he should have talked to the coaches during the week.

Regardless of how easy or tough it was to talk to the coaches.  If he wanted it, he should have talked to make it happen.

But, he didn't.  He acted like a kid out there.  Acted out of emotion.  And?  Those actions had consequences.

He did the crime, he did the time and it sounds like the situation may have matured him some.

Guess we shall see.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I've always thought it has a lot to do with draft position. When you take a running back in the 2nd round, you expect that guy to become a league leader, not a reliable backup.

If Dillon was selected in the 5th round, we'd never stop singing his praises. The irony, of course, is that he's outperformed 4/5 of the guys taken ahead of him (Clyde Edwards Helaire, D'Andre Swift, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins) and there's not a single guy drafted after him that out performed him (except Antonio Gibson, the next back taken)

Swift was named to the Pro Bowl this year.    Dobbins has been hurt but when healthy has significantly outperformed Dillon.   So going off availability sure - there's something to be said for available mediocrity I guess.   I'll give you Helaire and Akers. 

Interested about people's perceptions that Dillon has turned some corner this season?   Over his last 6 games he has 75 carries for 237 yards and 1 TD.    What is it about the 3.16 ypc that has people excited about the new Dillon?    Is it that one 17 yard carry he ripped off vs DET or something about the other 74 carries?  (his ypc declines to 2.97 without that single carry)     He did avg 4.1 ypc against KC so that's....something.     Gives an idea just how unexceptional he was in the remaining 5 games to still avg 3.16...      I'm thinking he's more "3.16 yards and a slight displacement of ground covering" than the cloud of dust variety

On the flip side, during the 1st 4 games of that stretch he had 11 receptions for 109 yards and that really is great.   No receptions vs CAR or MIN.    This has been a plus.

Pass-blocking is a plus I think and I don't want to overlook his value there.     This is the only spot I would consider his value in a re-signing.

I really like Dillon as a personality and love that he has embraced WI.    Wish the man nothing but the best in life, but I personally see little value in extending him for anything more than a minimum contract - even 3/10 as some have suggested is far too rich for me.     D'Onta Foreman got 1yr $2 mil and Dillon is not even a better back than him.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Jaire about to lock **** down this wkd. 

Definitely a bit of contrition and humility in his voice for sure. 

Might turn out to be a great move and ballsy move by MLF. 

15 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Swift was named to the Pro Bowl this year.    Dobbins has been hurt but when healthy has significantly outperformed Dillon.   So going off availability sure - there's something to be said for available mediocrity I guess.   I'll give you Helaire and Akers. 

Interested about people's perceptions that Dillon has turned some corner this season?   Over his last 6 games he has 75 carries for 237 yards and 1 TD.    What is it about the 3.16 ypc that has people excited about the new Dillon?    Is it that one 17 yard carry he ripped off vs DET or something about the other 74 carries?  (his ypc declines to 2.97 without that single carry)     He did avg 4.1 ypc against KC so that's....something.     Gives an idea just how unexceptional he was in the remaining 5 games to still avg 3.16...      I'm thinking he's more "3.16 yards and a slight displacement of ground covering" than the cloud of dust variety

On the flip side, during the 1st 4 games of that stretch he had 11 receptions for 109 yards and that really is great.   No receptions vs CAR or MIN.    This has been a plus.

Pass-blocking is a plus I think and I don't want to overlook his value there.     This is the only spot I would consider his value in a re-signing.

I really like Dillon as a personality and love that he has embraced WI.    Wish the man nothing but the best in life, but I personally see little value in extending him for anything more than a minimum contract - even 3/10 as some have suggested is far too rich for me.     D'Onta Foreman got 1yr $2 mil and Dillon is not even a better back than him.

Yeah I don't know that I can put any of them above or below Dillon. FWIW, Swift and Dillon are pretty close on total yards for their career. Dobbins seems like a better talent, but like you said, availability is important.

I actually think Dillon is worth resigning, depending on the price. For the $2M you suggest, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I think I'd even go up to $4-5M, which would put him around RB30 in terms of total value. I think we're entering Jones final season in 2024, and I do think Dillon offers good pass pro over any rookie.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

I wonder how often AR did this.

I think AR had the team over for Thanksgiving once. I remember Tonyan talking about sitting next to Bak who was giving him serious **** about how poorly he blocks in the run game. Not sure if the defense was invited to Aaron's though.

This is some great leadership by Love. My quarterback. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I can't imagine hanging out with you're coworkers more outside of work when you're all in your early 20s than you do when you're 40 is going to be much of a shock to anyone who has been both those ages. 

According to Melton's words...it was more than simply hanging out. They ate dinner and watched game film. How much film watching as opposed to just fooling around, I cant say, but it sounds like there was an attempt to make them constructive.

We get it, you don't like Rodgers.  But he had guys over all the time when he was the same age.  He also always bought the OL's meals on road trips.  This **** is so ******* tiresome.  

Then we will get the response:  I was just wondering.  Yeah, sure you were.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2