Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Yeah I honestly can’t wait for the board to start just celebrating what our current QB does right without needing to bring our old QB into the conversation. I’m far from an AR fan these days but I’d rather just move on than keep piling on him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Yeah I honestly can’t wait for the board to start just celebrating what our current QB does right without needing to bring our old QB into the conversation. I’m far from an AR fan these days but I’d rather just move on than keep piling on him.

Agreed. Fans like to go to extremes of either deifying or villifying the franchise QB. Did it with Favre. Doing it with Rodgers. They're imperfect both on the field and off. So am I. So are you. I can choose to dwell on the negatives or appreciate the positives--all the great game-winning memories when they were QB for the Packers. I choose the latter. You may choose the former. That's your right. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The pregnancy hormones don’t help.

Ah the cycle of life.  Remember those days.  When the baby is born I'd suggest blindfold and ear plugs so you can get some sleep.  Think pregnancy hormones are bad just wait until she goes though menopause.  That's what I'm dealing with. Fun fun...

• Like 1

We get it, you don't like Rodgers.  But he had guys over all the time when he was the same age.  He also always bought the OL's meals on road trips.  This **** is so ******* tiresome.  Then we will get the response:  I was just wondering.  Yeah, sure you were.  

////

Gee....it seems someone's put off by the bad new cycles AR's catching for his Kimmel/Epstein douchebaggery.  Sorry its got you all worked up..but please dont let it cause you to see or imagine things that dont exist.

I dont wonder about the guy much at all in fact - that was simply word choice when I made the post and I've never expressed a disliking for him personally. As for critics around here, I've always been one of the lesser voices complaining. You can choose to believe it or not, I've never been aware of his social activities - then or now. 

I've deleted your "Get Help" meme from this comment as it's nothing but inflammatory rhetoric and serves no positive purpose. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Once Rodgers stops being a turd, he'll stop getting **** everywhere. Til then, deal with it.

992f6292-51af-4929-bd08-0f53fa87878c_tex

LOL .. he must bug you.  For me, he's somebody else's problem, he got us a 2nd round pick, salary cap hell will be gone .. it's all good.  I could care less what he says or does.

28 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Ah the cycle of life.  Remember those days.  When the baby is born I'd suggest blindfold and ear plugs so you can get some sleep.  Think pregnancy hormones are bad just wait until she goes though menopause.  That's what I'm dealing with. Fun fun...

Been through kids, a wife dying, menopause with 2nd wife BUT  what is fun, fun are grandkids!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm an 80s millennial and it's pretty much the default among all parents I know my age

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

"Modern" parents (of younger kids) are now millennials. Discipline and minimalism are back in style. Time to catch up again on stereotypes!

20 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Yes perhaps we are in a transition. My perception is that 80s millenials are different than 90s millenials in this regard. 

I saw something the other day that said most of us millennials were raised by parents/grandparents who were relatively hard disciplinarians, so we can bring it back pretty and depart from the soft parenting easily since we're only one generation removed lol.

18 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Just my take on this....

If it was that big of a deal for JA to be made captain, he should have talked to the coaches during the week.

Regardless of how easy or tough it was to talk to the coaches.  If he wanted it, he should have talked to make it happen.

But, he didn't.  He acted like a kid out there.  Acted out of emotion.  And?  Those actions had consequences.

He did the crime, he did the time and it sounds like the situation may have matured him some.

Guess we shall see.  

hopefully it matured the coaches too, namely Joe Barry and dare I say Matt Lafleur