Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I'll answer for @MacReady...

Jordan Love 

You didn’t fully answer the question.

The potential return would be 3 first round draft picks. Minimum. And he’d go to New England for 2nd overall this year plus their next two first round picks plus whoever the best player in New England is on a rookie contract. Christian Gonzalez?

So we’d have Gonzalez, Alexander, Gary, LVN, Ballantine, Valentine, Williams or Drake Maye for five years on a rookie contract, a new defensive coordinator, our own first round pick, one of the healthiest cap spaces in the NFL and the most promising receiving and TE corps in the NFL.

We’d use one of our second round picks, our third round pick and our 4th round pick to get a third first round pick this year, so we’d leave this draft with Maye, the best available OT, Cooper DeJean and the best available RB in the second or third round. Before the season started we’d trade Bakhtiari and our second round pick to the Jets, so three first round picks next year.

We’d keep trading one of our first round picks into the following year every single year until we got a top ten pick.

After Maye won his first Super Bowl, weld trade him for at least three first round picks.

We’d keep doing this for the next ten years, constantly trading our QB. We’d accumulate so many first round picks that we’d get to a point we started drafting two quarterbacks in the first round and playing the best one, thus having the best backups in the NFL.

And by the time other teams caught on, we’d have so much draft capital that they couldn’t keep up. And we’d just keep developing quarterbacks for the teams that don’t know how to such an extent the QB position got undervalued, at which point we’d keep one because the QB position has gotten so devalued that they’re now valuable again (just like running backs and safeties are right now in the NFL). This is the point where we would have a really good one, and since the position is so devalued, we have him on a 7 year guaranteed 10% of the salary cap contract after he won two Super Bowls on his rookie contract.

Factoring luck and bad bounces, he’s got 8 Super Bowls by the time he’s retired and is known as the GOAT.

We’re in probably 2057 by this time and have 17 Super Bowl wins.

You’re welcome.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The potential return would be 3 first round draft picks. Minimum. And he’d go to New England for 2nd overall this year plus their next two first round picks plus whoever the best player in New England is on a rookie contract. Christian Gonzalez?

So we’d have Gonzalez, Alexander, Gary, LVN, Ballantine, Valentine, Williams or Drake Maye for five years on a rookie contract, a new defensive coordinator, our own first round pick, one of the healthiest cap spaces in the NFL and the most promising receiving and TE corps in the NFL.

We’d use one of our second round picks, our third round pick and our 4th round pick to get a third first round pick this year, so we’d leave this draft with Maye, the best available OT, Cooper DeJean and the best available RB in the second or third round. Before the season started we’d trade Bakhtiari and our second round pick to the Jets, so three first round picks next year.

We’d keep trading one of our first round picks into the following year every single year until we got a top ten pick.

After Maye won his first Super Bowl, weld trade him for at least three first round picks.

We’d keep doing this for the next ten years, constantly trading our QB. We’d accumulate so many first round picks that we’d get to a point we started drafting two quarterbacks in the first round and playing the best one, thus having the best backups in the NFL.

And by the time other teams caught on, we’d have so much draft capital that they couldn’t keep up. And we’d just keep developing quarterbacks for the teams that don’t know how to such an extent the QB position got undervalued, at which point we’d keep one because the QB position has gotten so devalued that they’re now valuable again (just like running backs and safeties are right now in the NFL). This is the point where we would have a really good one, and since the position is so devalued, we have him on a 7 year guaranteed 10% of the salary cap contract after he won two Super Bowls on his rookie contract.

Factoring luck and bad bounces, he’s got 8 Super Bowls by the time he’s retired and is known as the GOAT.

We’re in probably 2057 by this time and have 17 Super Bowl wins.

You’re welcome.

I'm probably one of Love's biggest supporters, but if NE offered us 3 1st rounds picks including #2 this year along with Christian Gonzalez, I'll drive Love to the airport myself 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Even for your schtick, this is pretty nonsensical.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

100% will be.

I think many expect him to be cut but I don't think that is a certainty to happen.

I'm very 50/50 on this. All depends on what the doctor told me. 

Will i be surprised when GB moves on? No. Would it make me happy to see him back on the field? Yes.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I'm very 50/50 on this. All depends on what the doctor told me. 

Will i be surprised when GB moves on? No. Would it make me happy to see him back on the field? Yes.

Will come down to how much Bahk wants to stay and whether he is willing to take a considerable pay cut.

If the Packers can save some money without having to give any guaranteed money then I think they'd be happy to give him some time to get back on the field.

10 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

Will come down to how much Bahk wants to stay and whether he is willing to take a considerable pay cut.

If the Packers can save some money without having to give any guaranteed money then I think they'd be happy to give him some time to get back on the field.

I don't think you can adjust that contract enough to be reasonable.

And to me it doesn't matter what the Doctors say. This is 3 years now the Drs expected everything to be ok and there are still problems. I don't think you can keep hoping at this point with that albatross of a contract.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spilltray said:

I don't think you can adjust that contract enough to be reasonable.

And to me it doesn't matter what the Doctors say. This is 3 years now the Drs expected everything to be ok and there are still problems. I don't think you can keep hoping at this point with that albatross of a contract.

If they like Walker then there is no reason at all to bring back Bak if there is a lot of cap savings to be had.  Just move on.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I'm probably one of Love's biggest supporters, but if NE offered us 3 1st rounds picks including #2 this year along with Christian Gonzalez, I'll drive Love to the airport myself 

Yah no kidding not going to happen.  Think the Packers would take that deal.  Only issue is we got our guy who we developed for 3 years.  Want to go into next season with a rookie?  It would set us back in the short term but could pay off big in the long run.  Or not...Doesn't matter Love is going to be locked up for the next 5 years once he signs his new contract in the offseason. 

My hope after the Bears win is that it finally means people can STFU about MLF being on any kind of hot seat after next season.     

13-3 

13-3

13-4

8-9

9-8 (coaching the youngest team in NFL HISTORY to the Playoffs)

The man will be here a long time and people can GTFO with any comments otherwise

• Like 2

There are no more silver linings from now until the end of our season.

11th overall would have been a silver lining.

19th overall is not a silver lining.

Either Super Bowl or disappointment.