Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

35 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I didn't miss him much this year .. maybe earlier in the year.  Sure looks like the Packers chose wisely in letting him walk.  The young guys stepped up in a big way.  I think he'll be better with Rodgers for sure, but I wonder what kind of Rodgers we'll see in 24'.

No doubt.  I am not pining for Allen Lazard, at least not at that cap number.  Just saying that his horrible season was probably in part to having Wilson, Siemien, Willie Beaman, Cap Rooney, Uncle Rico, Shane Falco, and Johnny Utah passing him the ball.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Isn't everything kind of falling?

Only if gravity exists. Since there is no gravity in outer space, they rise. 

Sounds good anyway, but that wouldn't explain why **** falls out of the sky and crashes down on earth would it. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Only if gravity exists. Since there is no gravity in outer space, they rise. 

Sounds good anyway, but that wouldn't explain why **** falls out of the sky and crashes down on earth would it. 

DVOA accounts for that though

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

No doubt.  I am not pining for Allen Lazard, at least not at that cap number.  Just saying that his horrible season was probably in part to having Wilson, Siemien, Willie Beaman, Cap Rooney, Uncle Rico, Shane Falco, and Johnny Utah passing him the ball.   

Even with Rodgers at his best, Lazard capped out at "serviceable". Paying him that contract is just laughable.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Even with Rodgers at his best, Lazard capped out at "serviceable". Paying him that contract is just laughable.

This is why it's hard to predict what a player is "worth" as a Free Agent. 31 teams could not care about a player and his value will still be inflated beyond what anyone would think reasonable if the 32nd is Joe "Leverage" Douglas .

56 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Lazard is also the guy that Rodgers didn't "trust" enough to throw him the ball when he was coming wide open with the game on the line vs SF in the 2021 playoffs.  I've never understood why Rodgers lobbied to get Lazard to the Jest (not a typo)

On 1/10/2024 at 4:09 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

If the Jets cut Lazard this off season, could he even make our roster in a hypothetical situation?