Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I like it.

One thing.  There needs to be a skinny, cross eyed piranha that swims funny.  That's Watson.  He's not eating as much as the others because he misses the prey and swims funny, cuz of the bad hammies. 

I thought the same. Every pack of piranhas has one large one, one goofy one, and then the rest are stereotypical blood thirty kill you together types.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'd add one more to the list.  The left hashmark.

Man, Carlson hates that thing.  Maybe paint it a different color.  Or let him scuff it up good.

Or simply place the ball in the middle of the field or right hash for those PAT's.

All kidding aside, I remember most misses coming from that left hash.  Could be wrong, but that is what I remember. 

Carlson from the right hash, Podlesny from the left.  Problem solved.

Here is a scouting report for Podlesny, by Draft Countdown’s Shane P. Hallam: “Jack Podlesny is my K4. Accurate from short range. Fairly consistent. Won’t do long range kicks. Can get thrown off from right hash. Kickoffs just average.” 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'd be genuinely surprised to see Gute spend another pick at K.

Start with the trade value of Justin Tucker in a playoff run. Then turn that into 6th round picks. I’ll take 6 shots at having a standout kicker. I don’t care. As long as the total investment is worth it.

Is it just me, or is everyone too hung up on the idea that we picked up Ryan Longwell for essentially peanuts and got nearly a full decade of excellence out of him? Because people are sure banking on finding some other street FA who'll come in and either push Anders or shove him out entirely.

3 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Is it just me, or is everyone too hung up on the idea that we picked up Ryan Longwell for essentially peanuts and got nearly a full decade of excellence out of him? Because people are sure banking on finding some other street FA who'll come in and either push Anders or shove him out entirely.

I bet the vast majority of people on here will have never seen Longwell play for the Packers. That's how long Crosby been here. No-one is thinking that.

We see free agent kickers do well on other NFL teams all the time so that's why people are thinking picking up a street FA is perfectly viable move to make. Nothing to do with Longwell. Fairbairn went undrafted, Younghoe Koo was bouncing from team to team before he finally hit. It can be done, we just need to keep trying.

For the record, I wasn't around when Longwell was with the Packers.

3 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

It isn't that unreasonable.  Most kickers aren't huge draft investments.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/k

That isn't to say finding a great kicker is easy.  Just that it doesn't really cost a great draft investment.  Bring in some competition for Anders, if the competition is better, that is great.  If Anders is better, that is just as good.

41 minutes ago, Chili said:

I bet the vast majority of people on here will have never seen Longwell play for the Packers. That's how long Crosby been here. No-one is thinking that.

We see free agent kickers do well on other NFL teams all the time so that's why people are thinking picking up a street FA is perfectly viable move to make. Nothing to do with Longwell. Fairbairn went undrafted, Younghoe Koo was bouncing from team to team before he finally hit. It can be done, we just need to keep trying.

For the record, I wasn't around when Longwell was with the Packers.

I saw Don Chandler kick for the Packers.

• Like 1