Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

This was quite interesting watch, inside the draft room with the Lions from last year. 

The cool part is at 47 minutes when the Lions who love Branch see that he is still on the board and the Saints at pick 40 take Foksey they want to trade up and speak to Gute where the Packers own pick 45. They don't show this part but I think they were trying to get pick 42 off Gute.  Gute wants pick 50 and pick 152 (5th rounder). The Lions want to give pick 50 and pick 159. It shows a brief game of poker where the Lions GM Brad Holmes (he comes off as a real nice/cool dude) is willing to give up pick 152 but waits to see Gute fold and accept pick 159. Regardless, we took Wicks with that pick. So everyone was happy but a cool interaction and generally a cool show to watch

• Like 1

Ross Uglem @RossUglem

I don't think people realize how special the #Packers could be for the next two seasons if Hafley can get the defense to be like.... 12th-best in the league.

I feel like I've seen the equivalent of this tweet just about every year for the past dozen years.  Just swap in the DC who's running the defense at the time.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 1:35 PM, Leader said:

Ja
McDuffie
Valentine

I don't think McDuffie really benefits haha. He is what he is. Good going forward. A bit lost in space. Basic man assignments.

Love Duff obviously but just have him shoot some gaps and play off Slatons ***.

On 2/3/2024 at 4:19 PM, Leader said:

Didnt they bring Clements out of semi-retirement a few years back? Not sure....but if accurate...perhaps he's hearing the call of the rod & reel once again.

I believe it was Clements who made Rodgers the QB he is and why Love is progressing so nicely.  I call him the QB Whisperer.