Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Matt Schneidman -  Brian Gutekunst was asked today about chasing the Lions: "Around here, we’ve never hung banners for division championships, so it’s never been about that. It’s a nice starting point, but I think we’re always looking for bigger things."

I don't think he was taking a shot, but...

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure how to read these rankings.....

The HC gets a B+ grade - ranked 21st out of 32 teams - ?
Treatment of Families gets a C+ grade - ranked 10th out of 32 teams - ?

In this case...

-The grade essentially stacks up against an expected standard of quality in that particular subject, but I think the designated medium is probably not a flat 'C' but something higher, probably 'C+' or even 'B-'.
-The ranking just measures your quality in that subject against the other 31 NFL Teams.
-One can say 'Treatment of Families' is a bit of a sore subject, with most teams doing the minimum accepted amount- if even that- leading to us having an unusually high rank for a C+.
-HC miiiight be somewhat biased in that, really, if players are being asked for their input, how many are going to badmouth their coach?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Not sure how to read these rankings.....

The HC gets a B+ grade - ranked 21st out of 32 teams - ?
Treatment of Families gets a C+ grade - ranked 10th out of 32 teams - ?

• 92% of players feel head coach Matt LaFleur is efficient with their time (15th overall) 
  • The players feel that Matt LaFleur is moderately willing to listen to the locker room (26th overall)

• They provide a family room at the stadium 
  • They are one of seven teams that do not provide daycare support for players’ children on gameday
  • The top change players feel would improve the treatment of their families is providing daycare for their children on gamedays, like most of the other teams in the league

Green Bay Packers Report Card 2024 | NFLPA

Edited by HighCalebR

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I wonder if this was voted on before or after the firing of Barry?

Maybe this took place when the stuff with Jaire Alexander and Devondre Campbell was going down .. maybe a pinch of butt hurt as well when Rasul was shipped out.  LaFleur is the kind of guy that will take his ranking into account and strive to be better.