Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He'll be 30 in the playoffs next year. 

As far as Jones being this unstoppable dynamic force . . . he had 3 TDs last year and 10 total the last two years combined. Let's keep it in perspective. 

Yep. GB fans are acting like the Jones we saw in the playoffs is what we saw weekly from him, and it's just not true.  If it were, Jones would still be a Packer.

Dammit he made an emotional decision and not a smart one. Was holding out hope of him somehow ending up with the Texans. That would have been fun and he'd have been close to home. Instead, he's playing his age 30 season with Darnold as QB1 and JJ McCarthy as the heir apparent💔

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He took a million more to sign with a rival. Seems like the jaded move. 

That was probably the highest offer Rosenhaus could get. Hardballing the packers but giving a rival a discount? Doesn’t make sense. 

Just now, n8ghee said:

That was probably the highest offer Rosenhaus could get. Hardballing the packers but giving a rival a discount? Doesn’t make sense. 

Makes perfect sense.  He simply misjudged the market.  It's actually a little unusual for Rosenhaus to be this wrong.  He usually gets deals done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Where are we with cap today after the Jacobs and Mckinney signings? 

I dont think the McKinney numbers are known yet....or at least, I dont know them.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont think the McKinney numbers are known yet....or at least, I dont know them.

Let Gute and Ball know when you find out, bet they're dying to find out what they signed him for

Edited by Kampfgeist

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Let Gute and Ball know when you find out, bet they're dying to find out what they signed him for

Nope. I'm not a numbers cruncher...so I'll let them handle things and I'll learn the details as they become available.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap - 

Aaron Rodgers, great player when healthy
David Bakhtiari, great player when healthy
Aaron Jones, great player when healthy

Packers trying to get younger and minimize the "when healthy" monikers on their roster.

40 year old QB, Million knee surgeries, 30 year old RB are high risk players to stay healthy.

1 hour ago, Haha21 said:

Where are we with cap today after the Jacobs and Mckinney signings? 

We're still in excellent cap shape this year. Depends on how much base salary is involved in McKinney's first year, but we can comfortably add another S and a LB and pay for our draft and in-season piggy bank without having to restructure anyone. 

Edited by Sandy

3 hours ago, n8ghee said:

How did we arrive at him being offered 6 mil by the Pack?  He was due to make 17.5 mil, and the Packers asked for a 50 percent cut.  I thought the Packers were in that 8-9 mil range.  What am I missing?