Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I respect the intellectual honesty. You’re a real one. 

I believe he’s speaking as a Packers fan. I don’t know if we’ve singlehanded ruined all of the Bears QBs, but going as far back as ‘86, we’ve definitely contributed to their downfall as much as and more than any other team. 

Edited by Refugee

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is a tweet from Christian Watson's dad about Christian's hamstring progress.

I couldn't get the header to copy, but good news.  Hopefully game-changing news.

I would suggest taking this game-changing news with a few grains of salt.

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I believe he’s speaking as a Packers fan. I don’t know if we’ve singlehanded ruined all of the Bears QBs, but going as far back as ‘86, we’ve definitely contributed to their downfall as much as and more than any other team. 

Technically, I suppose it is a team effort.  I should give Chicago it's due dilligence too.  Ruining Caleb Williams would be their apex, though.  Nothing else would come close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Technically, I suppose it is a team effort.  I should give Chicago it's due dilligence too.  Ruining Caleb Williams would be their apex, though.  Nothing else would come close.

Hopefully the ‘24 Bears are the ‘85 Bears of destroying QBs. Packers fans will tell tales of their absolute incompetence for generations, especially during the hard times. 

11 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Maybe, but he has now gone from bashing the organization to bashing his teammates. Not a player I want on the team. Thanks for the one good year, go focus on your new team. 

Yeah, calling out teammates for specific plays well after the season is over is a bad look. So is getting into a back and forth on social media which was happening in season. If you want to be a leader, keep it in house. In general, ILB is responsible to get the defense set and yes, cover up other’s mistakes when things don’t go exactly as designed. He seems like an intense guy and football is important to him, he could have a bounce back year. I hope not because now he’s with the 9ers. He still was playing a step slower, maybe it was injury but it was noticeable. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If this was indeed happening this is an indictment against Barry so thank god he's finally gone.  

Yeah it's an indictment on Barry lol. Fun little read.

Some coaches shouldn't be coaches. It is nice we cleaned out the defensive side

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 2

Campbell's story is that he kept telling the coaches he wasn't going to do what they asked of him in the scheme, and that resulted in his all-pro season? And Gute rewarded this behavior by signing Campbell to a big contract?  I have a sneaky suspicion that it actually went down a little differently. I expect Campbell was consistently at odds with the coaching staff regarding his role, but became less compliant after securing his big contract.  Good riddance to both Barry and Campbell.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Campbell's story is that he kept telling the coaches he wasn't going to do what they asked of him in the scheme, and that resulted in his all-pro season? And Gute rewarded this behavior by signing Campbell to a big contract?  I have a sneaky suspicion that it actually went down a little differently. I expect Campbell was consistently at odds with the coaching staff regarding his role, but became less compliant after securing his big contract.  Good riddance to both Barry and Campbell.

For sure happy both are on the road.

And if there was one bright spot through Barry's stops it's that he's made some less touted LBs look good and rack up stats.. so yeah unless Jay Gruden shows up well never see both sides

“I could easily be bitter but I’m not” says man who is clearly bitter

I don’t trust a journeyman athlete with Campbell’s apparent emotional intelligence to be honest about his role or what really happened. His opinion is fairly worthless to me. His misuse of “Apart” and “Along” (in his Twitter handle) aren’t helping his case with me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BluePacker said:

Maybe, but he has now gone from bashing the organization to bashing his teammates. Not a player I want on the team. Thanks for the one good year, go focus on your new team. 

Pretty much.  Campbell may very well be right that the coaching staff didn't know what they were doing and his teammates weren't making the right plays, but throwing other under the bus to make yourself look good is a bad look at best.

• Like 1