Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The last QB that signs is the richest.  Just the way it works. Next year, someone will surpass Love, and someone else will surpass that guy too.  The only thing to worry about is if you think his final run was a fluke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, St Vince said:

I thought this Love contract would be done already, im getting nervous. They must be doing some serious haggling. Think the holdup is guaranteed money and out clauses. Love played great but possibly paying him 60M per is very risky given the small sample size. Loves agent must really be playing hardball.

Agent is probably shooting to reset the QB market.  Packers are balking.  Not a large enough sample size.  He could definitely regress.  I don't think this will be settled until mid season.   It's a really unique situation.  Love balls out to start the season well Packers will cave.  Love regresses he and his agent cave.  Only way I see this getting resolved.  Saw some rumor of a 5 yr/ 280 mil deal.  Seems a bit rich for where he's at.   Right now 50 mil/yr seems about what he's worth.  Not nervous about it at all.  Packers have control for essentially 3 more seasons.  Not a matter of if it's a matter of when and for how much. 

25 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Agent is probably shooting to reset the QB market.  Packers are balking.  Not a large enough sample size.  He could definitely regress.  I don't think this will be settled until mid season.   It's a really unique situation.  Love balls out to start the season well Packers will cave.  Love regresses he and his agent cave.  Only way I see this getting resolved.  Saw some rumor of a 5 yr/ 280 mil deal.  Seems a bit rich for where he's at.   Right now 50 mil/yr seems about what he's worth.  Not nervous about it at all.  Packers have control for essentially 3 more seasons.  Not a matter of if it's a matter of when and for how much. 

I think a mid season extension would be fair for both sides. The Packers need to see more to make that type of investment. If he balls out by week six then you backup the armored truck.

I hope Gute goes that route and not cave until we know for sure he's worth that kind of investment. If Loves camp demands a QB mkt reset before the season starts they should give the Packers an out clause for their protection.

Edited by St Vince

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I think a mid season extension would be fair for both sides. The Packers need to see more to make that type of investment. If he balls out by week six then you backup the armored truck.

I hope Gute goes that route and not cave until we know for sure he's worth that kind of investment. If Loves camp demands a QB mkt reset before the season starts they should give the Packers an out clause for their protection.

If I was the GM this **** would have been done last year and we'd have our franchise quarterback for 10 years 400 million. 

The cap flexibility would be ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1815145391786217749

Clark Extended. 3 yr/64m. Way cheaper than I expected. Thought he was gonna get 25m+/yr  

Yes that is a good deal for the Pack for sure.  Glad they got Clark done.  He's the most important player on the D IMO.  Was worried with the recent massive deals for DT's that we might have been priced out.  This is awesome. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, St Vince said:

Love deal has to be done and waiting to be announced.

Yah Nagler was saying the same thing.  I'm not sure one can make that assumption.  Guess we'll find out.  Still of the opinion this one is going to drag out.  

19 hours ago, St Vince said:

But at what price? Does he deserve to be paid the highest in the league? Making him the highest paid and he regresses then what?  Stuck paying him 60M with no out clauses will cripple this team. I think the Lawrence deal is fair for Love. If his agent wants more than that he's being greedy and over zealous.

I would describe Love's agent wanting to top the Lawrence contract as the agent doing his job.

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yall think one of christian watson or romeo doubs is traded by the deadline? assuming our 6 main wide outs are all still healthy 

No

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yall think one of christian watson or romeo doubs is traded by the deadline? assuming our 6 main wide outs are all still healthy 

No chance if we are winning games. You don't trade players at the deadline if you are in the thick of things, you go add a piece if possible.

After the season, all bets are off.