Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

56 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Colts beat everyone to it. Colts are rolling with all white alternates this year.
635634737496321094-Screen-Shot-2015-04-0

I didn't think it could get worse than what the Packers put together, but the Colts managed. That looks like practice uniforms. 

• Like 1

read this from an article about tyler davis. feel like as long as rich is here, davis is gonna have a spot on the team. 

Davis said that last season, Bisaccia had him write special teams reports on Green Bay’s opponents that particular week. So not only was Davis rehabbing to continue his playing career, he might have also been starting a coaching career.

“(Bisaccia) just wanted me to stick around, and what I’d do every week is write up reports on the teams we were playing,” Davis said. “So I’d go through every single snap and break down every single player from every game in the past. I was watching a lot of tape.

“It was funny because some days I’d be in here, guys would be done with practice, and then they’d come by the film room and I’d still be in there. Very appreciative Rich would even ask me to do that, that he trusts me, and then we’d publish it, put it on the iPads for the guys, and guys would come up to me and talk through things. So it was cool to be part of that process.”

• Like 3

I think I now realized why I do not like the "white on white" uniforms they're doing this year- they look like the Jets.

Perhaps they are playing the long game in order to get the Jets trade for Jordan Love in like 12 years.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

16 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

read this from an article about tyler davis. feel like as long as rich is here, davis is gonna have a spot on the team. 

Davis said that last season, Bisaccia had him write special teams reports on Green Bay’s opponents that particular week. So not only was Davis rehabbing to continue his playing career, he might have also been starting a coaching career.

“(Bisaccia) just wanted me to stick around, and what I’d do every week is write up reports on the teams we were playing,” Davis said. “So I’d go through every single snap and break down every single player from every game in the past. I was watching a lot of tape.

“It was funny because some days I’d be in here, guys would be done with practice, and then they’d come by the film room and I’d still be in there. Very appreciative Rich would even ask me to do that, that he trusts me, and then we’d publish it, put it on the iPads for the guys, and guys would come up to me and talk through things. So it was cool to be part of that process.”

If You're Bored In The House Then Get Yourself These Ping Pong Kits To ...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Every team has a couple "Davis" you wonder how they stick around and keep getting spots on the roster and then you realize just how much they put into the work that you don't see. Good on him for finding a niche that may be needed on the team and it sounds like he may have a future career down the line. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've got to get caught up.....

This guy is very much a campbody/longshot but, he’s a Packer so I’m rooting for him. We need enough DE to get through a preseason game and have some injuries in our depth positions. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 3:59 PM, Spartacus said:

Every team has a couple "Davis" you wonder how they stick around and keep getting spots on the roster and then you realize just how much they put into the work that you don't see. Good on him for finding a niche that may be needed on the team and it sounds like he may have a future career down the line. 

For what it is worth, Herman has said that Davis looks like the best blocker out of the TEs so far.  I also read that Davis has taken all of the "FB" snaps since the team released Pearson.  I am guessing that 4 TEs is very much on the table this season.

32 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

For what it is worth, Herman has said that Davis looks like the best blocker out of the TEs so far.  I also read that Davis has taken all of the "FB" snaps since the team released Pearson.  I am guessing that 4 TEs is very much on the table this season.

I'm still trying to figure out if the new kick-off rules lend itself to bigger bodies both on coverage and receiving units. 

I know Davis is going to be playing specials, but it could affect the WR room come cutdowns. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm still trying to figure out if the new kick-off rules lend itself to bigger bodies both on coverage and receiving units. 

I know Davis is going to be playing specials, but it could affect the WR room come cutdowns. 

It's all such a wildcard .. would love to see the Packers be one of the teams that cracks the code and dominates on special teams, but given past history we'll probably be mediocre to bad once again.  Time for Bisaccia to earn his enormous check.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I have watched quite a bit of UFL/XFL, and I honestly can't tell.  I think the STs are still mostly WRs, DBs, TEs, and LB.  If you kept up with my UFL threads, former Packer Darrius Shepherd is phenomenal at this type of kick off.  Now, he is what they call a AAAA player in baseball, so he might just be way better than everyone he is playing against.  But watching how he works bodes well for Keisean Nixon, IMO.  They move pretty similarly, but Keisean is a little bit faster.  The kickoff plays a lot like an end-around or a WR screen, at least in the UFL. I guess we will get to see what the NFL kickoff teams do.  I mostly watched the Battlehawks, who have Sheppherd, but they seem to start at about the 40.  There are returns, but surprisingly few TDs.  My guess is that trend continues, and the better returners will get their team to the 40 or so, but there won't be a ton of kick return TDs.

• Like 2